Backing Up Photos

dinny

I don't know why I never thought of this before!!!

Just got an offer from Shutterfly for free digi-prints. Honestly, I am just like those commercials with the kids asking mom to get the photos printed. But I went and looked anyway.

Well... they let you upload unlimited photos. So I thought... why not use this as a backup site for my photos. And it's FREE!!! There's that lightbulb!!

I didn't see any restrictions for purchasing. And maybe they will change this after I upload my 60 GB of photos!!

But it certainly is worth looking into.

I can certainly afford to buy a few prints every so often.

I did order some (they were all free) and they look rather nice. They use FUJI Crystal Archive paper (which is good). And they also stamp a message on the back of the print, which you can add a message. I leave the file #, date, and add a tiny bit of journalling. Try doing THAT with film!

I usually order digital prints via snapfish. They always turn out so nice through them as well. I did order some via shutterfly a few weeks ago and was actually just as pleased with them as I was with the prints I usually get from snapfish. Maybe it's more of the idea that I didn't have to print them myself, ;). Nah, seriously though, some of the photo printing sights also give you an option to order your photo's on cd's, for those who don't have a cd burner this is a great thing. I've never ordered from anywhere to have photo's printed for me, but I was truly tempted when I didn't have a cd burner, (at least that was until I figured out that by the time I ordered cd's of all of the photos I had on my computer at that time that I could actually get a cd burner). But I am tempted to give it a shot to send to family and friends in the future, especially after sitting at the computer burning the same files over and over again of nothing but photos.

Guest DeeZee
I have an account at ClubPhoto, and, although I do pay for it ... I get enough free prints with the account that it almost pays for itself. They have an option to get all the high res photos on Cd .. of course you pay for it, but I could at least access my photos if I needed to. now to just get them all uploaded :-)

Archived