Brushes .abr

Eggie

I have some brushes in the .abr format that I had downloaded and when I went to open it after extracting it automatically opened and loaded them to Photoshop. Is there a way to view files in .abr format without loading them into Photoshop? I know it slows down the program to lead all the brushes I have but I can't see what they are until they're in Photoshop. Suggestions please!

I have some brushes in the .abr format that I had downloaded and when I went to open it after extracting it automatically opened and loaded them to Photoshop. Is there a way to view files in .abr format without loading them into Photoshop? I know it slows down the program to lead all the brushes I have but I can't see what they are until they're in Photoshop. Suggestions please!

Hi Eggie! I am not sure if the brushes you are referring to are Scrap Girls products or not. All SG brushes come with a PNG file as well. I have taken these copies and created a brushes file that I can refer to. I believe there are some ABR viewer products out there but I have not used any of them.

I've never had trouble with the png files and never though twice about it because all ScrapGirls stuff is png, unitl I tried to view the files I had downloaded from other sites for free. If anyone out there knows of the program to view abr files please let me know. Thanks for replying!

ok guys, i found the products. I think ACDSEE 10 will be coming out soon and will allow you to view and catalog the brushes in .abr.

Also, there is a free download at:

http://dani3d.com/blog/2008/01/04/photosho...r-brush-viewer/

Also, a paid one is Preset Viewer by Tumasoft is really neat because it lets you organize and view brushes, swatches, patterns, and shapes as well as export them into a png. Pretty neat stuff! Just google it and you should find it. Good luck! I'll let you know what I decided to do and how it turns out.

abrViewer will also let you view them before they are installed and it is freeware. It will also convert any abr file to png for you which is very cool for PSP uses as we can then convert the png to pspbrush format!

Has anyone tried downloading the free viewer mentioned in post #5? I did, and I can't seem to get the download link to work. Just wondering if anyone else has DL it successfully?

Yup, it requires winrar which I guess is another extraction tool similar to winzip. I have not found another version anywhere, but haven't had much chance to look around.

I bought the program I was telling everyone about and true to my word I will tell you about it so far. I've just finished installing it and it works like a charm. Still trying to figure it all out but can definitely see the brushes without loading them. I'll let you know more as I get to know the program more. It's the Preset Viewer by Tumasoft.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using ABRViewer for about 2 years and love it for previewing brushes. I also use a very tiny, free, unzipping utility called Extractnow (www.extractnow.com) for extracting zipped files. It works sooooooo much more quickly than WinZip because it isn't as bloated with non-essential features.

Archived