New To Meet & Greet

Atria

I've been a fan of Scrapgirls for a long time and tell everyone about it! I love to scrap Hockey games (Augusta Lynx, Augusta GA), although I am from Aiken, SC just over the border from GA. Avid photographer and look at everything with a picture in mind.

Looking for anyone in the local area to share ideas with.

Hockey Scrapper

:newbie:

Hello!! Hello!! I live in Augusta GA!!! I do!!! ****Jumping up and down and Waving Arms in Air*****

Good to see you on the boards again, Geri!! It's been a while! I hope all is well with you and your family!!

(did I use enough exclamation marks??!!) LOL

Hey there! I'm in Lexington, SC. About an hour away from Aiken. Lots of family in Augusta. I'm actually supposed to go to Augusta this weekend for my cousin's birthday. I've watched the boards for a long time looking for fellow South Carolinians. Haven't seen any until now.

I'm not in your area either but I just wanted to say hi and thank you for introducing yourself. My husband and I are big hockey fans too - of our local Division 1 college team. Our son played from age 5-15 and my husband coached many of those years. We're very happy to have you here at Scrap Girls and I can't wait to see your layouts.

Hello!! Hello!! I live in Augusta GA!!! I do!!! ****Jumping up and down and Waving Arms in Air*****

Good to see you on the boards again, Geri!! It's been a while! I hope all is well with you and your family!!

(did I use enough exclamation marks??!!) LOL

**Also jumping up and down and Waving Arms***

:dancingcow::bouncing-frog::banana::dancingchicken:

Glad to "meet" someone from the area. I'm really new to posting on the boards. How far are you from Aiken? Do you go to the Lynx games?

I have quite a few people from Augusta that scrap, both paper and digital. I head the scrapbook committee for the Augusta Lynx each year, this is my 7th year. Can't wait for hocky to start!

Thanks to everyone that is making me feel welcome to Scrapgirls!

Just some background: I moved to Aiken SC 22 years ago from New Jersey (Jersey Girl!) the South was very new to me but I love it here.

My family is in NJ and I have a daughter, 2 granddaughters & grandson-inlaws, 2 great grandson's (from oldest granddaughter) all in PA also family in Clearfield county PA and California. We also have 3 children in South Carolina, daughter in Aiken, son in Columbia and a son in Greenwood.

I hope to post some scrapbook pages from my Hockey scrapbooks that I have been doing for the Augusta Lynx (Augusta GA) team for 7 years soon. The first scrapbook I did was paper and I didn't like it. I really enjoy didi scrapping and I am totally into computers, and photography. I use a Canon Digital SLR 20D camera and am wishing for an upgrade, but when, I don't know, since the 20D was expensive and if you know anything about cameras they run in $$$$!

But a girl can wish!!

Thanks for making me feel welcome again!

Hi there and welcome to Scrap Girls. I'm in S. Florida so we're not very close but I'm so glad to see you found someone that is...that's very cool!

How far are you from Aiken? Do you go to the Lynx games?

I am about 40 miles from Aiken in a little town just outside Augusta. I haven't been to a Lynx game yet, but I hope to go next season.

I am looking forward to seeing those hockey layouts, too.

Hi! I am new to this as well. While I don't even live in the country anymore, I graduated high school in Augusta, and my mom still lives there!

I've been a fan of Scrapgirls for a long time and tell everyone about it! I love to scrap Hockey games (Augusta Lynx, Augusta GA), although I am from Aiken, SC just over the border from GA. Avid photographer and look at everything with a picture in mind.

Looking for anyone in the local area to share ideas with.

Hockey Scrapper

:newbie:

Hi, and welcome. I am new to Augusta. We arrived Friday evening. DH will be stationed at Ft. Gordon. This is our second time in the South. We were at Ft. Jackson, Columbia, SC from '00 to '03.

I am not a big fan of hockey, but DH is, and our kids sometimes like to watch with him.

Hi, and welcome. I am new to Augusta. We arrived Friday evening. DH will be stationed at Ft. Gordon. This is our second time in the South. We were at Ft. Jackson, Columbia, SC from '00 to '03.

I am not a big fan of hockey, but DH is, and our kids sometimes like to watch with him.

:dancingcow: Welcome to Augusta! I am just across the border in Aiken, SC, a beautiful place. I have a son that lives in Columbia not far from Ft. Jackson, in fact I take the exit to Ft. Jackson to get to his house.

I think you will like this area. I have been in the south 22 years now. Originally from NJ and I wouldn't go back except to visits my parents and family. If you children like hockey the Augusta Lynx are a fun team to go and watch. We have a great booster club that does things with children and the players during the season. The Lynx are dedicated to helping children by way of going to schools and giving talks on staying in school. Did you know that around 98% of the players are college grads? So they know the importance of staying in schoo. The Lynx do a lot with Ft. Gordon and I know that they give special pricing to games for the people at Ft. Gordon too. Check it out when the season starts.

Glad you made it across country safely and I look forward to seeing your layouts.

Geri

Archived