Unzipping/filing Of A Biggie Collection

Guest flgmkr101

Guest flgmkr101
I've got the January Monthly club Biggie Collection. It's downloaded on my computer (I've also burned a copy to CD) & I'm trying to follow the system that Ro described so I've made a number of folder for categories of Paper, Embellishments, Textures....Etc. BUT, now I'm confused. Do I need to go look into the zip files, then look at each individual file, see what it is, and then move it to the correct folder? I could be here for DAYS. :banghead: There must be an easier way & I'm hoping someone out there knows it. Perhaps I should just keep it all together in it's own separate folder? I have PSE 3, so I could put it in a collection.
Any suggestion would be helpful.
Thanks,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth..that is how alot of people do it. Once they unzip all the files they will move it into the main folder..or sub folder (sorting paper by color, embellishment by type etc) I know it does take awhile but in the long run it's a great way to "get the most for your money" it makes it so easy to mix and match kits and give a new life to some old papers and elements you've had sitting around not using.

But because of the amount of time it would take me to get caught up on this, and amount of space on my computer I have never sat down and got this organized (but I wish I had) I keep all my kits together in a folder labeld with designer and item. As soon as I download it I will burn it to a cd and add a preview to a folder I keep (I also write down the cd number on the corner of the preview so it's easier to find) The only kits I keep on my computer are ones I haven't worked with or want to work with again. But if an element, paper, overlay catches my eye and I know I can use it again I will then put it in a folder, which I find myself opening that folder alot looking for that special something to use.

What it comes down to is finding a system that works best for you..and will still be useful to you down the line.

hi Elizabeth,
I hope you enjoy the January club!
Great idea to burn a CD also.

Yes, unzip the files first. The good news is... The zipped files are set up by the categories Ro described. So you can unzip one, move it into the correct folder and move on.

Each zip file is also named to help you with this, i.e. "DMI_Icy_Embel_Mini_1.zip &
DMI_Icy_Embel_Mini_2.zip" both contain different embellishment files, so move them to the Embellishments folder. They are numbered with 1 & 2 because there were just too many to put into one zip file.

Hope this helps, so you can go and enjoy using the collection.

And don't forget to post what you create in the gallery!!! We LOVE to see layouts!

This is where my favorite shortcuts of using the ctrl key, and highlighting all the tags at once in a folder. Ctrl x - for cut or Ctrl c for copy. Open up your tag folder in embellishments and paste..... It actually goes really fast when I do this. In fact I just did it yesterday with Dinny's January Club contents. Once you get over the time of downloading them, this really goes fast actually if you use your shortcut keys. I"ve found that when I download them too if I save the embell folders straight into my embellishment folder than when I unzip I either just have to drag and drop into the correct type of embell folder, or else, select them all and cut and paste in the right folder.

Archived