Eraser Tool In Pse5

cyndisa

I'm having a problem with my eraser tool in PSE5. When I try to erase a certain part of a layer - say a line or something that I don't want - it erases it but leaves a black circle in the shape of the brush size that I use to erase. I've never had this happen before and have used the tool on more occasions that I can count! I'm trying to get a Sunday School project done for tomorrow morning, and any help will be greatly appreciated!

Edit - I neglected to mention that the same thing happens, if I use the rectangular marquee tool to highlight and erase something. The space inside the rectangle is erased, but I get a black outline in the shape of the rectangle I drew. This is driving me nuts!

Janine, you are awesome. Thanks for checking on things for me, but I think I just figured it out myself. I had drawn a white shape and given it a black stroke, because I needed it to stand out from the white paper. It dawned on me that the eraser was leaving the mark around it because of the stroke property I had chosen for the shape. I know . . . I should have thought of it sooner. I feel stupid now. :P I'm so sorry for wasting your time! And thanks again for your help!

Archived