Who Can Print 12x12's Professionally?

Guest scrapbookMama

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Crueltyfre/Lori' post='34111' date='Feb 28 2006, 12:39 PM']I've seen some businesses advertising that they'll print a 12 x 12 for $1.25-2.50 a piece. Anyone tried this/them? I've never printed a layout but I gotta admit, it might be worth the $2 just to see what they look like. Anyone used any of these?
Lori
[url="http://sbtoshare.com/Digital_v1.htm"]http://sbtoshare.com/Digital_v1.htm[/url]
[url="http://shinynickels.com/printyour.htm"]http://shinynickels.com/printyour.htm[/url]
[url="http://www.ploppinmemories.com/PrintingService.htm"]http://www.ploppinmemories.com/PrintingService.htm[/url]
[url="http://www.photobookmemories.com/order.html"]http://www.photobookmemories.com/order.html[/url][/quote]

I found a great online printing place. It is called Pure Print Designs and their website is: [url="http://www.pureprintdesigns.com"]http://www.pureprintdesigns.com[/url]. I have tried many of the online printers but I like them the best. Their pages are only $2.25 per page and their prints are beautiful. They only print on one kind of paper but it is very nice and perfect for my scrapbooks. I have been very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

• 1 year later...
Hello all! I am new to this board and loving all of the information I'm taking in. :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

As a Creative Memories consultant, I do have to let you all know that CM does do 12x12 prints and it surprises me I guess that more people don't know about it. CM uses Fuji Crystal Archive paper (unmatched for its archival quality) and the print machines are recalibrated twice daily for optimum ink vibrancy.

12x12 print prices start out at $6.99/ea for 1-9 prints, $4.49 for 10-24, and $3.99 for 25+ prints plus shipping ($1.75 for first print and $.25 for additional prints). Processing time is 1-2 business days so are to you within a week's time if needed to ship across the country (they are in MN and I'm in MI so shipping is only a couple of days for me). See their site at cmphotocenter; worth checking out. Can never have too many options!

Thank you again for all of the great advice and information! :)

Steph, I think the reason other people haven't mentioned that Creative Memories prints 12x12s is that they are kind of expensive compared to many other places you can have them printed. I'm sure the quality is excellent, but many of us are not able to pay those kind of prices. Thank you for giving the prices though.

[quote name='PBarnes' post='653849' date='Apr 16 2009, 02:37 PM']Steph, I think the reason other people haven't mentioned that Creative Memories prints 12x12s is that they are kind of expensive compared to many other places you can have them printed. I'm sure the quality is excellent, but many of us are not able to pay those kind of prices. Thank you for giving the prices though.[/quote]

They are a bit more but CM has lowered the prices for buying in bulk. Just wanted to let everyone know there is another option out there and the print quality is excellent. And thanks to all of the other options given in this post...what a wonderful amount of choices we have for printing our digital prints these days!

[quote name='Crueltyfre/Lori' post='36858' date='Mar 21 2006, 09:08 AM']I tried SBtoShare's offer for a freebie and was quite impressed. I emailed them one layout and they mailed it back to me, flat in a box, on three different papers so I could decide which I liked better...and it was totally free.

I thought the quality was fine on all three, but I've never had any printed before so I really don't have comparison basis.

I then decided to have some others printed so all I did was zip them up and send them. It's only $1.25 US per 12 x 12 page! They sent me a paypal bill and shipping added about 50 cents to each so it was still less than $2 a page. I got a note saying they were shipped yesterday so I should get them soon.
Lori[/quote]
I love Scrapbooks to Share and have used them since I started printing my layouts. They have great customer service. Once or twice there was an error (a mark) on my printed page. I emailed them and had a new page in two days. They remind me of ScrapGirls - personal and friendly!

• 4 weeks later...
I use Costco. I print on 12x18 & use extra space for either 2-6x6 LOs or photos $2.99 each. I print on matte finish. They use photo paper, which I would like to try card stock. I think I will look at the printer Janet recommended. I'd like to print my own on card stock. I don't know maybe the books will be better later, but right now I have these hand made albums to use for the babies. Thanks for all the suggestions. Very helpful. :tinkerbell:

[quote name='iwillfly525' post='45153' date='Jun 6 2006, 10:21 PM']Well, I think I’m going to try SBtoShare.com as well, since it seems to be the favorite. I like that they will ship internationally (not sure how much it will cost, but nothing I can do about it anyway). And I must confess I know nothing about different paper types, so seeing the 3 different ones would be good.

Are you all who still use SBtoShare.com happy with them? Are there any others you would give a good review to? They have to be on-line places, as I live in Japan. (I’ve gone to local photo shops here and they want US$30 to print one 12x12…I don’t think so)[/quote]

I have used SBtoShare since I started printing 12x12 layouts. I've probably had over a hundred printed by now and I still love them. Maybe twice out of all I've had printed, there has been a minor defect on a page (like a streak). I've emailed them and, within a day, they have sent me a new copy of the layout.

• 4 weeks later...
I just ordered a bunch of prints from Scrapbooks Please -- they had a sale on their Premium Luster prints. WOW! They were so beautiful I don't know if I can ever go back to SBTS. I even considered reprinting every layout I had ever printed! I will say though that I had been using SBTS's cheapest prints...maybe I will move up and use some of their better choices. It's so worth using better quality paper.

Hi all -
I'm going to try SBtoshare.com as well, but am a bit confused... when i upload my jpgs, the printing option is 11.6x12 (not 12x12). Do they truly print 12x12 and this is a typo? or do i need to accomodate the .4 inches they will take away? If they take away .4 inches, is it from the left and right side, or top and bottom?

I'd much prefer just loading and having it print 12x12. THANKS!

• 2 months later...
I just found out last week that Adorama Pix has added 12x12 photo books. They use Fuji Achival photo paper and bind it in either 26 or 50 page books. I am anxiously awaiting my 50 page scrapbook which was mailed Friday. It is about $2.40 a page! Adorama came highly recommended to me by an Epson rep at a local store when I was looking at buying a printer; he said that they have been doing professional photography for some time and he would trust them. I was so excited when they added 12x12 books. Looks like you all already know that pg 1 is on the left side paired with pg 2, but boy it was a big surprise to me as my whole book was laid out with pg 1 on the right side and 2/3 together, so all my coordinated pairs were off! I had to delete the last page and make a new page 1. Wish I had joined the forums earlier so I could have learned that!

I thought a really big plus of this book was that you don't have to reformat all the pages like at several other sites mentioned here that I looked at. They want you to send 12x12 layouts, but just make sure that you leave 1/4 inch free of text or pictures on the sides.

This will be my first digital scrapbook. I love Scrap Girls and have learned so much here - you have been my source for supplies and education since I started in June to work on this scrapbook. I had done paper scrapbooks mostly with some early digital books done with Publisher but when we switched to all Macs I lost my program. Photoshop is obviously a way better tool anyway!

• 6 months later...
I have used sbtoshare & thought they were great. I prefer no white border on some pages & recently got prints from scrapping simply & loved them. Both offer $5 flat rate shipping. Scrapping simply was slightly higher on a 12x12 print - 1.99, but they run specials from time to time & frankly it was worth the extra few cents per page to get it full bleed. Not to mention I love embellies, stamps, papers... I can't remember the last time I got a 12x12 paper page finished for under $2 - I think the pictures & paper alone came close to that! LOL I personally love not getting pictures printed & mailed to me, trolling scrapbook stores (none of which are close to me anymore) for the perfect items, & then spending more $$ on adhesives, inks, etc... I still paper scrap with the large stash I have at home but will eventually be doing more & more digitally. :)

• 1 year later...
I just got my order from ShinyNickels.com today and I love it! The color registration is perfect and the edges were not cut off - what I submitted is exactly what they printed. I love that they send two free 6x6s with each 12x12 - I plan to make booklets for my kids or the grandparents with them.

There is a white border across the bottom but the other three sides bleed to the edge. Beautiful!

Each 12x12 or 12x18 is just $1.99, with $5.99 flat rate shipping on orders of 10 or more pages. They say 3-5 days for delivery, but mine came overnight - they shipped it on Saturday and it got here Monday afternoon!

I got my prints from ShinyNickels.com today and they are beautiful! They are $1.99 for the 12x12 and they send you two free 6x6s with each! I'll put those into little booklets for grandparents or my kids. Shipping is flat rate $5.99 on orders of 10 pages or more.

The color registration with their new wet ink press is beautiful, and no edges were cut off! What I submitted is exactly what was printed. I even got my order overnight - they say it takes 3-5 days, but somehow USPS got my priority box to me sooner.

This makes me want to scrapbook more...

Archived