Monday Weekly Challenge 8/11/08

Shari PV Mom

I'm finding that when I create layouts they are always for a scrapbook. (I've got 8 different books in various stages of completion!) I rarely ever do anything different. So my challenge to you today (and myself) is to scrap something other than a scrapbook page. I would prefer it to be something you don't do often or even have never done before. For instance, I have never made a card so that might be one of my choices. Shutterfly (and other sites - I usually use this one though) has mousepads, notebooks, mugs, etc. I'm thinking of making notebooks for Christmas presents. (Yes, I'm already thinking about Christmas presents. LOL!)

I can't wait to see what you come up with! Inspire me!

Please post your projects in this gallery. http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=sc&cat=197

Here is mine. http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=60267 :D

good challenge...my christmas presents this year will be calendars....already got that planned :)

Since I do make cards on a regular basis (not lately much though) I'll do this challenge basically because my niece is turning 11 tomorrow and I need to get something made to email to her as its too late to go by snail mail :)

Her mom can print it out over there :)

Just did cover for a composition book for my granddaughter for school. She helped pick out what she wanted on it. I'll upload it later, 'cause I'm at work now. I also did a card, baby shower invitation for my DIL. Loving this Monday for sure. I also have ideas for bookmarks for my Bible study group. Let me think of what else I can do in the next few hours. Fun, fun, fun.

Just did cover for a composition book for my granddaughter for school. She helped pick out what she wanted on it. I'll upload it later, 'cause I'm at work now. I also did a card, baby shower invitation for my DIL. Loving this Monday for sure. I also have ideas for bookmarks for my Bible study group. Let me think of what else I can do in the next few hours. Fun, fun, fun.

OOHHH, bookmarks - what a great idea! Now wasn't there a template in the boutique for those?

I'll see if I can come up with something.

I have something I have been thinking about working on and just keep putting it off. Thanks for the challenge, I might actually get it done, and maybe the Sale will help out.

I have a project that's been sitting in my basement for a long time! I wonder if there are any kits in the boutique that match my kitchen.....

I bought big wooden letters, one for each of our names and my big plan is to make them beautiful and put a hook on them for our coats!

I love using my SG Products for around the house stuff-they make the simplest things look so pretty. These laundrey labels, although super easy, have turned out to be one of the most helpful things I have done. The kids do actually pay attention to them and sort their own clothes making my job of actually washing them so much easier and faster.

Laundrey Labels

Here's mine: http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=60349

It's birthday invites for my son's first bday... We printed these on photo paper (3 to a page) - about the size of photo Christmas cards (like you get at Walmart). I also printed the little snail & the word art on the outside of the envelope with the dots across the bottom.

You gals really inspired me yesterday! I made a Thank You card which I will use throughout the year and a notebook cover which I will glue to the front of a spiral bound notebook. I tried without success to upload them. I've uploaded layouts without a problem so I don't know what went wrong.

I'm doing 8x8 calendars for my grandkids for Christmas but they look too much like scrapbook pages so I didn't post. This will be my 3rd year making them calenders but the first year as digital.

Thanks for the challenge! :dancing_penguin:

I am late on this one as well. But I did it!! At 18 months we took our kids photos in a cowboy/girl outfit. They were so cute. And I have been wanting to make a collage of it to frame and hang in the hall way. Thanks to your challenge, I finally did it. Thanks.

Cowboy Rex collage

Cowgirl Savannah Collage

I left more love! Thanks for all of the inpiring ideas! Since this challenge I've made a few cards and covered one of those composition books. :D I've got tons of ideas for more fun projects too! I'm so glad I came up with this challenge! LOL!

Archived