Help!

Guest shanbun

Guest shanbun
Can anyone help me?
I'm trying to post my very 1st digi layout, and something isn't working!
I can upload my layout just fine, but when I click on the post image button nothing happens. How long does it generally take to post a layout? I waited for at least 15 minutes with no results.
Am I doing something wrong? I followed the directions that I found in the Help section. :banghead:

Any help would be appreciated!

Guest shanbun
Thanks for your help! I went back to my image and tried to save it as a web version, but I got a message saying that it was too big to save as a web version. Now what? I'm such a newbie! :huh: I feel totally lost.

Hi shanbun,
Did you change the resolution of the web version to 72 dpi? Resolution for most print files are set at 300 dpi and higher. In addition to the resolution, you may need to decrease the dimensions of the height and weight as well to accommodate the 125KB file restriction. Hope this helps!

Guest shanbun
Thank you so much, Thao! That is my problem, exactly! I do have my resolution set at 300dpi- I need to go change that right now!
It sure is nice to have helpful people like you on this message board :D
Good thing for me you joined when you did! :)

Guest shanbun
Ugh! I'm still having trouble! I resized my image to 72 dpi, but it was still too large for uploading, so I changed the width and height to make it under 125KB, but then when I posted it it looked small and fuzzy and I couldn't click on it.
I'm sooo confused!! Now what am I doing wrong? :banghead:

Sorry this has been so difficult, but don't be discouraged. Usually something this simple can have a simple answer.

(1) When you resize the dimensions, make sure they are scaled in proportion. Scale the whole thing together, not the height and width separately (which could lead to a distorted image).

(2) Make sure the original image is in RGB (not index color) and is not a GIF when you first reside the image. Resizing a GIF in index color would lead to pixilation of the image.

(3) Finally, what format is your original (PSD, TIFF, JPEG)? and what format is your final Web version (JPEG, GIF)? The final Web image should be a JPEG if it has any photos or gradients in it. Usually GIF are reserved for images with only blocks of colors.

Hope this helps! Feel free to e-mail if it doesn't.

Guest shanbun
Yea!!! I finally did it!! Thanks so much for all your help, Thao! Now I'm going to try to post another one and see if I've got it down pat.

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Archived