Scanning & Saving Question

I recently came to digital from traditional scrapbooking. I would love to scan some of the elements (mostly die cuts) and save them to PNG files so I can use them on my digital pages. Can someone tell me the best way to do this and if I am on the right track. I spent so much $$ on them I hate to see them go to waste.

I am using PSE 6 running on Vista.

thanx in advance for your help

~sherry

Hi Sherry. :welcome2: to Scrap Girls.

I'm afraid that scanning your paper elements to use in your digital layouts would be going against copywrite laws. I spent a fortune on mine too so I completely understand how you feel. Although I do believe you'll also be like me in that you'll find your scrapbooking style will change enough that you probably wouldn't use them anyway. There is so much you can do with digital.

I look forward to getting to know you better!

Thanx for the heads-up. I'm sure glad I didn't start scanning already. :o I had no idea all those little onsies I picked up at my local crop (from my now out of business store) were so valuable. I do not print my pages -- way too much $$$ for an old lady on SS. That's one reason for going digital plus I no longer have the space to scrap.

Oh well, I'll have a lot of stuff to send to the city recycling station. I do appreciate your prompt replies.

smiles~sherry

Sell your stuff on ebay. I know lots of scrappers who batch their leftovers and sell them. At least you'll get a little return. Also schools and churches would love to have your things. Garage sales are good places to pick up scrapping stuff, maybe if you aren't going to ave a sale anytime soon, you could sell yours at a friend or neighbors.

Also, sometimes Scrapbook Stores have "Garage Sales" letting you rent a booth for the day. You pay a price for the table, and you sell you items there. You might keep your eyes out for that.

What I've seen, is that most often, regualar paper stock doesn't really sell.

But, stickers, 3-D stickers, equipment (Cricut), crop bags, speciality cutters, etc, will sell.

But, with the stickers and say rubber stamps, if you do say sell them on EBAY try to sell them closer to the holdiday. For example, probably bad time to sell Valentine stuff, but great time for Autumn, back to School, etc...

And, Baby, sells, anytime of year...

So, Timing is important...

Archived