Scrapin Pat

Covering Notebooks For School

9 posts in this topic

Recently there was a post or a newsletter item that talked about covering notebooks for school. Can anyone direct me to it or do you cover notebooks for your kids? If so what do you do to attach what you make to the notebook? I was thinking it would be a fun back to school item for the grand kids but now can't find the discussion.

I started that thread! Here it is!

I bought a couple of books for these, should get some more. They would great gifts.

Is there a way to get the original tutorial on covering notebooks? I thought I had it saved but don't and I can't seem to located it through the previous posts.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the help - I just cut and pasted the tutorial so I have it saved. It talks about using a burnisher to smooth the paper down on the notebook. I don't know that term - what it looks like or where one can find it. Can anyone describe it to me?

I think it's like a small rubber roller, you can get them at craft stores. I'm just going to use my marble rolling pin.

Thanks for the help - I appreciate it!

Has anyone tried running the cover through the Zyron? I've used ModgePodge to cover frames - I guess this would work and then you could put a layer on the top to protect it a bit.

I'm just going to use my rolling pin and I'm going to try it on a spiral bound notebook.

Thanks for the help - I appreciate it!

Has anyone tried running the cover through the Zyron? I've used ModgePodge to cover frames - I guess this would work and then you could put a layer on the top to protect it a bit.

I'm just going to use my rolling pin and I'm going to try it on a spiral bound notebook.

I'm going to try spirals too. So the Modge Podge is clear and you just paint it on with a brush to make the cover more protected? Gosh I use to Modge Podge eons ago. I've forgotten.

Yep, Modge Podge is clear, you can get it in a shiny or matte finish. I've used it on paper scraps attached to spiral notebooks.