Printing Problem

Guest so_cal_mommy

Guest so_cal_mommy
Okay, I usually just do digital, but there are cards and crafts that I want to make for upcoming holidays, but my printer isn't color....can I put them on a disc and print them at a copy store?? Has anyone ever done this? I'm not sure if it would be too expensive. I've put the word out to the family that if they want to get together and get me a printer for my b-day I'd be pretty happy, but until then, if anyone has any advice I'd really like to know what you think. Thanks!

Chiemi

[quote name='so_cal_mommy' date='Jan 24 2006, 03:48 PM']Okay,  I usually just do digital, but there are cards and crafts that I want to make for upcoming holidays, but my printer isn't color....can I put them on a disc and print them at a copy store??  Has anyone ever done this?  I'm not sure if it would be too expensive.  I've put the word out to the family that if they want to get together and get me a printer for my b-day I'd be pretty happy, but until then, if anyone has any advice I'd really like to know what you think.  Thanks!

Chiemi
[right][post="31822"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hi Chiemi! Personally, I have not done this. But I know that both Target and Wal-mart are pretty cheap for printing out on 8.5x11 photo paper. As for plain paper, I know that kinkos and Office Max will print from a disc or CD, but I don't know about prices. Hang in there. I think you will get a reply to this from someone who HAS done this!

You can go to a copy shop, but be sure to find out fees ahead of time - some places charge you for each file they open off your disc, as well as for the print.

You can upload them to an online photo processing company and see what that will cost - lots of people do that for photos, layouts, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest deannayh
Yes, I have done this.

I just took a cd with my photos and clipart to my local KINKOS or copy center. (I see you are in California or Canada -- not sure what the CA is for)

They charged about $1 for each 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of Color printouts and a bit more for the Transparencies.

NOTE: Some places also charge you for the time it takes for you to on their computer, if you do it yourself (I wanted to tweak a few images while I was there)

Kinkos now has the SONY photo machines out front where the self-serve copiers are. So you can just print your photos...or you can print entire documents off of the rent-a-computers.

They also now have the ability for you to send them the documents online that you want printed and they will print them and mail them back to you -- or you can pick them up later.

deanna

Guest so_cal_mommy
Thank you!! Those were really good ideas. I ended up trying the kinkos printer thing were you send them over your computer and it worked really well! Great advice!

Archived