Using Elements In Pspx2

Rochelle R

Hi all

I know that when using elements in PSP you need to open the element press control C to copy and Control L to paste into a new layer. Then you should close the original. I remember doing this previously. For some reason, everytime I copy the element and paste it into a new layer, when I close the original it asks if I want to save and then regardless of whether I say yes or no, the element disappears from my layer. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

no idea whats going on but I do know this...if something is iffy what you can do is go to file>preferences>reset preferences and click on or tick 2 of them called reset general and reset workspace to default.

That should clear up any problems. After you do that, close psp down, reboot the computer and bring it back up.

I know it usually works. Sometimes without our knowing we accidentally change something. This usually fixes it :)

are you going back and highlighting the open original element? if you stay in the window where you just posted the new layer, it will close that layer....I have done this, its soooooooannoying, like having the wrong layer highlighted and wondering why a tool won't work lol

Rochelle, I use PSPX2 as well and I open my elements from the organizer.

The way I do it is

1. Open the element

2. Copy it with Ctrl-C

3. CLOSE the element now. The copy will stay in your clipboard memory. Unless you have done some resizing or cropping, it should not ask you to confirm whether or not you want to save the changes. I prefer to do it this way so that I know I am not making any changes to the original.

4. Now, activate your layout (making sure you're on the top layer so you can see it when it goes in!!!!) and press Ctrl-L and it should appear. If it doesn't appear, check to see whether it's hidden under layers.

Hope this helps anyway.

Whenever I "select all" in PSPX2, regardless of whether I've actually made any changes, I get the "save changes?" query when I close the element file. I just say NO and continue on my way.

Otherwise, I agree with the steps outlined by Sydney Scrapper.

Good luck!

Archived