Pse4 Question

Guest Faye185

Guest Faye185
I am new to digital scrapbooking. I bought PSE4 along with a bunch of books to help me learn how to use it but I can't even follow a tutorial because I can't get the layer thing right. Whenever I import my photo or image my Layer goes to background layer with each image I import. It's like I'm getting nowhere, I can't make layers. I hope I am explaining it right. If someone could help me please. I even tried re-installing, but it's the same.

Faye

Ok, so you go to File>Open and find a photo, right? Then you can go to File>Open and open papers. You can drag and drop items from one window to the other, as long as both are viewable in your workspace.

I start by going to File>New and starting an 8.5x11" canvas. Then I chose papers and photos, open them, drag and drop to the new canvas one by one.

Layers - think of them as those plastic, see through pages in a medical book showing the systems of the body. One one page, there's the skeleton, on the one above that, the muscles, on the one above that, and organs, etc. Alone, they may not be much, but when they are all on top of each other, you get an overview of the human body - just like when all your layers are on top of each other, with a background paper as the bottom layer, the base, you get a scrapbook page!

Hope that helps!

Hi Faye,

Make sure that you aren't mixing up the file thing at the bottom of your screen (which just shows you which files are open) with the layers palette (which is at the bottom right corner of your screen. It's a common mistake of PSE 3 and 4 users to get those two things confused.

Just because you have your files open, it doesn't mean that they have been stacked together in layers. To do that, you have to use the move tool and drag one file on top of the other file. Once you do that, you'll see that you have more than one layer over in the layers palette.

I go into this in a lot of depth in my Scrapbook Secrets programs (available in our Boutique) because understanding layers is so critical for digi scrapbooking. In these programs you can actually watch me scrapbooking and hear me talk about what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. It's kind of like having me come to your house and show you what to do.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Guest Faye185
I AM mixing up the files I think. I'll try it again. Thanks! It would be wonderful if you came to my house!

Faye

[quote name='Ro' date='Jan 24 2006, 08:01 PM']Hi Faye,

Make sure that you aren't mixing up the file thing at the bottom of your screen (which just shows you which files are open) with the layers palette (which is at the bottom left corner of your screen. It's a common mistake of PSE 3 and 4 users to get those two things confused.

Just because you have your files open, it doesn't mean that they have been stacked together in layers. To do that, you have to use the move tool and drag one file on top of the other file. Once you do that, you'll see that you have more than one layer over in the layers palette.

I go into this in a lot of depth in my Scrapbook Secrets programs (available in our Boutique) because understanding layers is so critical for digi scrapbooking. In these programs you can actually watch me scrapbooking and hear me talk about what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. It's kind of like having me come to your house and show you what to do.

Hope that helps a little bit.
[right][post="31847"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redtop7252
Hi Ro,
Would your software help me learn the PE4? Also when I e mail youa reply how do check back for the answer. Thank you so much. Also how does the SC membership work?
Totally confused LOL

Absolutely. That's why I made Scrapbook Secrets. It isn't actually software at all. It is training movies that help you learn how to use PSE 4 (or Photoshop or PSE 3 or Word graphic functions, or PSP 9...)

So you actually see me scrapbooking and hear me talking about why I am doing what I am doing. I take you step by step from the beginning through very cool stuff. And you'll be making all kinds of layouts in no time at all.

The club membership is monthly $9.99 for downloads ($14.99 plus shipping if you want it on CDs). Or you can buy a 6 month or a 12 month membership and it works out to even less.

Check it out here. It really is an awesome deal.

[url="http://www.scrapgirls.com/store/category.php?cat=30"]Scrap Girls Club information[/url]

Now if you are talking about emailing me on the board, look up at the New Messages area or the My Assistant area. Or you can just email me the old fashioned way at rozanne@scrapgirls.com and I'll email you the answers.

:banana:

Archived