How Is 'bulk Upload' Used?

Guest Katzkidz1dog

Guest Katzkidz1dog
:dunno: Can multiple pictures be loaded into an album at one time? I was thinking that's what the 'Bulk Upload' button was for but after typing in 5 or 6 image file names (?) I was given a 'sorry but you screwed up' :D message. haha So, I assume I can only put in one picture at a time. I did that but then when I saw my album in the album gallery it was each individual page. I thought I could just click on one picture and then see the whole gallery. Does that make any sense to anyone? Could someone help me with this? Thanks!

Gosh! I just realized that I have never done it before. I am just a one or two at a timer, myself. Hmmmmm....

I believe that this is what the intent of Bulk Upload is supposed to be.

It will be interesting to find out if anyone has ever done it. Sorry that I'm not more help on this one!

Yep, I do it all the time! hee hee.

Bulk load does exactly what you're thinking. You can load multiple images at one time. One thing it doesn't have tho, is a place for you to write your comments and supplies in the bulk upload. So what you have to do, if you want to add those to your layouts, is to them pull up each layout individually and edit them to add that content.

HTH!

Guest Katzkidz1dog
OK, I went back & tried to do 'Bulk Upload' again but it isn't uploading a 'bulk' of pictures. I put in the image names and all the other info and when I click on upload or whatever the button is called, I get an error saying the task wasn't able to be completed. Can you tell me how to do this? Thanks!!

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
How big are your layout files? Are you trying to upload your fullsize jpgs? It might be burping your files because they are too large. A good rule of thumb for posting is 600 pixels by 600 pixels (or 2 inches by 2 inches if you're working in 300 dpi) and the overall filesize should be between 100 and 125 KB. Resize and save as so that you don't accidently mess-up your fullsize file.

Guest Katzkidz1dog
Thanks, Jennifer. I'll go back & check the size of my images. Do I type in the image names with commas in between ea. of the file addresses? (does that make sense?!) Anyhoo,...I appreciate any and all help!!

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
I don't think you enter more than one file name at a time, so that might be what is messing up your upload. But, to be perfectly honest, I've never actually tried the bulk upload feature. Let me run some tests.

Edited -
Okay, I can't seem to get it to do more than 1 at a time either. I did some research at the site that created the bulletin board and there's a setting I need to ask Ro to check.

Guest Katzkidz1dog
[quote name='jlf_loves_mjf' date='Jan 31 2006, 12:42 PM']Edited -
Okay, I can't seem to get it to do more than 1 at a time either.  I did some research at the site that created the bulletin board and there's a setting I need to ask Ro to check.
[right][post="32127"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

OK...thanks for letting me know. I'll keep checking this thread for updates.

Have a great day!

Hi ladies! I'm back!

I will go back and double check on this in the morning, but as much as I remember, I just browse to my image and click on it. Go down to the next browse button, browse and click. I don't think I enter any names at that point or anything. I do all that later, by editting each image individually after I upload them all.

But like I said, I'll double check in the morning. It's late, and it was a long plane ride back from Vegas!

Okay, checked it this morning, and it is how I said. You don't actually type anything in that long space. You browse on your computer to where the image is located, and then click on that. That location should then appear in that line. When you do that with all the images you wish, you then click on the upload all images button at the bottom.

HTH!

Guest jlf_loves_mjf
I think you have different privledges than the rest of us. My bulk upload screen looks exactly like normal image upload screen and my button at the bottom says "Post Image" not "Upload All Images." I've attached a screen shot of the lower half of my Bulk Upload screen. Jan, is this what yours looks like?

Hmm, that is odd. That's not what mine looks like at all.
Let me see if I can figure out how you did that screen shot and I'll show you
what mine looks like....[url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=post&cat=41&multi=1"]Bulk Upload Page[/url]

Let me know if you get a different page when you click on this. If it's truly that my settings are different, you may not even get this when you click on it. Jennifer, tell me how you did screen shot thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jlf_loves_mjf
I pressed print screen on my computer keyboard which takes a picture of your desktop and puts it on your clipboard. You can then paste it into a photoshop document and save it as a jpg to post.

PS The link doesn't work for me. :(

Archived