I Upgraded To Pspx2

regulargal

It was a spur of the moment thing - I got the idea in my head and just went ahead and purchased, downloaded and installed X2 a few nights ago. I tried the trial version of it a while ago and there were some features I liked but not enough to upgrade at the time. I'm not sure what I was thinking a few nights ago! I miss my PSPX!!! lol

When I first used X2, I KNOW there was a browser window just like PSPX had. You know, the little explorer winder at the bottom and you could click and drag items from there to your document (I don't think PSPX2 has this option tho). Anyway, now the browser window is gone and I can't find it!!! I really can't work without it. I tried using the Organizer window but it's not the same.

Does anyone know where the browser window is in PSPX2??? I've been doing some photo editing in X2 but haven't created a LO yet since I upgraded and wanted to sit down tonight and do one, but I can't get past no browser window! lol

It was a spur of the moment thing - I got the idea in my head and just went ahead and purchased, downloaded and installed X2 a few nights ago. I tried the trial version of it a while ago and there were some features I liked but not enough to upgrade at the time. I'm not sure what I was thinking a few nights ago! I miss my PSPX!!! lol

When I first used X2, I KNOW there was a browser window just like PSPX had. You know, the little explorer winder at the bottom and you could click and drag items from there to your document (I don't think PSPX2 has this option tho). Anyway, now the browser window is gone and I can't find it!!! I really can't work without it. I tried using the Organizer window but it's not the same.

Does anyone know where the browser window is in PSPX2??? I've been doing some photo editing in X2 but haven't created a LO yet since I upgraded and wanted to sit down tonight and do one, but I can't get past no browser window! lol

WOW. I am glad you posted this!

I was going to upgrade my Aunt's PSP to the new version tonight. Maybe I will wait! I still use PSP XI

I know if you email the support at PSP -- Corel.com

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/...t/1211295787104

There are ideas of what to do when you have questions on the above link.

They have always been willing to help me. I have emailed them several times over the past few years. I have used PSP since version 6.

I haven't emailed for a year or so, but before they were great. They need to know when there are glitches. Some of the questions I have had, they fixed in the next patch update of the newer versions.

Good luck and keep me posted!

On PSP XI, I have always just used the File - browse to folder function

I am trying to attach a screenshot of what I mean. I have never uploaded a file in the message board, so I am not exactly sure how it will work out.

Does PSP X2 not have that function???

Good luck!

Sandy

In PSPxi there is a button next to the save button that I sometimes accidentally click on and on the bottom screen it will open up something similiar to what you are looking for with everything in it and you just drag and drop in the open window. I don't use it...too used to psp9 and never had it, don't need it just use the open folder button and go to where I need to go to get what I want to use. File, open, etc takes too long. Much easier to just click on the open folder button :)

Tonya,

I'm so sorry, I've never used X, I started with X1 and now have X2 and I love it. I just use the Organizer palette which sits below my workspace, and it works great for me, just the same as a browser. The tree (can't remember the technical term) is on the left hand side of the Organizer, and the previews of the items are on the right. If you right-click on a preview and hit View Photo Info, it brings up all the info for that item. Most of the time, I keep that tab closed, and I just pull the element I need into my workspace, copy it, close it, and then add it to my layout. The Organizer palette can go up or down, depending on the space you need, and you can adjust the width of the tree side as well so you can see more previews.

Is that any help???

BTW, I sometimes find it helpful to keep the Learning Center closed to give myself more space as I use a laptop and the screen's not big.

Tonya, as others have said, the Browser is now the Organizer. I think you'll find that this is what you are looking for. However, there is a difference in X2 - while you can drag items from the Organizer up into the workspace, you cannot drag it directly into a layout like you could do in earlier versions. So, the option is to drag it into the workspace, then copy-paste into your layout.

I remember this was a big problem for some people, big enough not to go with X2, but I've gotten used to it. I hope you can go ahead and enjoy using X2.

Thanks everyone for the info. I guess it was the Organizer I was looking for. Before, it was like a floating explorer screen tho and I didn't like that. I've since found the little icon that says "Toggle Organizer Mode" and that fixes the screen to the bottom of my window which is better.

I like to keep this window open to my Scrapbooking folder that contains all my kits and supplies, I find it's easier to browse and find what I need. However, within this big folder, I have MANY subfolders and they are not listed in alphbetic order... I don't see where I can sort this list. I'll have to look around some more.

I'll probably have more questions as I learn this new version, so far I'm liking it but there are some features I miss.

I don't even use the organizer. What I have begun doing and it does save time...for me anyway is go to my Windows Live Photo gallery (and you can customize this to only show the folders you want and that includes subfolders) and do a search or browse to find things I want to use....write them down and then open up PSPxi and its much easier to go directly to where I want to get the elements, papers, etc and use them. It does cut down on time because I've decided beforehand what to use. Windows Live Photo Gallery is free on the internet and ever so much better than Picasa2 cuz it will show png's whereas Picasa2 wouldn't.

What Sarah said above is true, you can't put them straight into your layout. I find that annoying at times, but what it does mean is that you can drag any item in and work straight away on the original - I think it's mainly for photo editing purposes. So this is sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Vaughnde has a good point that you don't even need to use the Organizer. The biggest drawback of the Organizer for me is that it doesn't recognize shortcuts.

I first tried organising all my stuff into collections, then adding shortcuts for each item into the various folders like papers, ribbons, tags, flowers, etc. However, Organizer can't see the shortcuts so I ended up splitting up my collections anyway. If you like to use shortcuts for your elements, you might like to try Vaughnde's way, or try bringing them in from your Windows Explorer or similar program, perhaps.

I think I'm slowly getting used to it. It is annoying at time to not be able to drag from the organizer (or explorer window) right into my working document but it's just a couple of extra clicks really.

When using PSPX I got used to using the browser window. I have all my scrapbooking supplies organized into subfolders for each kit that I have (named by source, kit name, designer initials ie: SG Life's Canvas TCS). I know there have been many posts on here about different ways to organize your stuff - I started out using this kind of system and find it works well for how I put together a page. It was easy to see all my folders in the browser winder, sorted by folder name, and I could navigate to whatever folder I wanted without having to search too long or open another window.

That's my biggest problem with the organizer in X2 so far - I can't seem to find a way to sort my Scrapbooking folder by subfolder name so everything is all over the place. What I've started doing is opening the collection subfolder that I'm using as the main kit to my page in the organizer, then having an Explorer window open outside of PSPX2 to view all of my other subfolders and I click and drag from there.

I'm not sure if this make any sense to anyone but me! lol Thanks gals for all your help. I'm still learning my way around X2 and all tips you provide are helpful.

Just a thought, Tonya, are "tags" the same as shortcuts? I know that you can "tag" photos, elements, etc, in the Organizer, I've just never used it. I seem to remember from watching a lynda.com video you can then search by the "tag".

One other thing I meant to tell you is that IF and WHEN I do use the Organizer, I try to remember to close it before I close the program. I just hate how long it takes to load the program with it has to load the Organizer too.

Archived