Acdsee Not For Me?

Hello Ladies

I am a stay at home mom with 6 children...so I don't have a lot of time! I purchased Scrapbook Max a year or so ago, and if you have seen this program, it's pretty much drag and drop to make scrapbook pages. The problem is the templets are (this is just my opinion, I don't intend to be unkind) so ugly.

I saw the ad for Acdsee in the Creating Keepsakes Magazine and I have downloaded it over 5 hours ago. Yep, I have all my pictures in there but I cannot figure out where to find all these pretty pages and little flowers and stuff like that. Am I mistaken thinking Acdsee includes paper and embelishments to make a scrapbook page, or is Acdsee only a photo editing program? And yes, I downloaded the user guide and still I can't figure it out!

I want BEAUTIFUL scrapbook pages, but don't want to learn all the "program lingo" because the little extra time I do have, I want to spend making memories.

Can any of you give me some advice on what I should be using? Is there something easier?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :)

Shannon in Southern California

Hello Ladies

I am a stay at home mom with 6 children...so I don't have a lot of time! I purchased Scrapbook Max a year or so ago, and if you have seen this program, it's pretty much drag and drop to make scrapbook pages. The problem is the templets are (this is just my opinion, I don't intend to be unkind) so ugly.

I saw the ad for Acdsee in the Creating Keepsakes Magazine and I have downloaded it over 5 hours ago. Yep, I have all my pictures in there but I cannot figure out where to find all these pretty pages and little flowers and stuff like that. Am I mistaken thinking Acdsee includes paper and embelishments to make a scrapbook page, or is Acdsee only a photo editing program? And yes, I downloaded the user guide and still I can't figure it out!

I want BEAUTIFUL scrapbook pages, but don't want to learn all the "program lingo" because the little extra time I do have, I want to spend making memories.

Can any of you give me some advice on what I should be using? Is there something easier?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :)

I'm pretty sure that you're not going to be able to create pages with ACDsee. I might be wrong, but I have it and I have never heard of anyone creating pages with it. It is a photo/image organizing program. A lot of us use it for organizing digiscrapping supplies and photos.

If you want to make pages you're going to have to use a program like Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro, or Photoshop CS. There are lots of ready to use pages in the boutique here that you can basically just drag and drop your photos. Hope that helps. I'm sure that some other will come along to help, too. Maybe they can give you some links to the easy pages in the boutique. My kids are fighting on the back porch so I'm going to have to go referee! LOL.

Welcome to Scrap Girls!

ACDSee is a photo manager (I think it depends on version) and I use it strictly for organizing all my scrapping stuff. I use pse6 for scrapping. I know what you mean about Scrapbook Max. I tried it over a year ago and I didn't like it either. I like pse6 because it's not just for scrapping. I can make cards, invitations, announcements, anything I like.

ACDSee is wonderful for organizing.

Welcome to ScrapGirls! I think a lot of girls here started out with Scrapbook Max and moved on to Photoshop Elements. It is harder to use, but with Ro's Scrapbooking Secrets tutorials and the help you can get here on the messageboard, you can be making beautiful pages like the ones you see. Be sure to sign up for the newsletter. There are freebies in every issue, and download the free Refresh Collection. You also want to read this free ebook 15 Things You NEED to Know to Become a GREAT Digital Scrapbooker. We are happy to have you here. :)

I believe that ACDsee has both an organizer program and a separate editing program similar to Photoshop Elements. I don't know anyone that uses it though. Maybe someone here does and will let you know what they think of it.

I use PSE 5 and really love it. Yes, it does take some time to learn but it is well worth it.

Scrap Girls has some beautiful pre-made pages where you just drop in your photos and they also have layered layout templates that help with the basic layouts yet letting you customize them competely.

Hi Shannon,

ACDSee is an organizing program. You can edit photos in it (to some degree), but cannot create pages like you see here on SG. It doesn't come with papers, embellishments, or other supplies. It helps you find photos/documents that you already have in your computer. I use Photoshop, but I know lots of Scrap Girls use Photoshop Elements. It would be almost impossible to create beautiful pages without learning some lingo... :D

I would encourage you to at least try PSE (I think you can get a free 30-day trial on Adobe's website) and get Ro's tips. You won't regret it!

Good Luck and Happy Scrapping!

Jennifer

Oh Photo Editor by ACDSee is so much easier to use than PSE...please don't give up yet! First of all, yes there are two programs so you need to check which one you downloaded...Photo Manager or Photo Editor. If you want to try out the 30-day trial of Photo Editor and want to give a class a try, my Photo Editor classes are just getting started. I can even give you a 20% off coupon code. There is lots of free help available at www.digiscrapinfo.com as well. PM me if you want more info on the classes. I'd love to help you learn to digiscrap with ACDSee!

Kristi

First of all, thank all of you ladies for responding, I really truly appreciate how kind scrap ladies seem to be. :) Your never going to believe this (o.k. you might), I had installed Acdsee MANAGER and not the EDITOR. DUH! I should have been able just by the names "manager" and "editor" to tell the difference, but I'm new, so I guess it's alright.

Photo shop elements seems to be what everybody is saying, but I'm going to give Acdsee a shot first, because PSE really is just way too much for me. Just looking at all those little buttons to click is way too overwhelming. I don't know how Acdsee will be, but I have read it is sopost to be easier, which is what I need, so I'll give it a try.

I'm enjoying this web site, thanks again ladies!

Archived