Monday Weekly Challenge 9/1/08

Shari PV Mom

Yes, it's Labor Day here in the United States! Hooray for all of us working folk, wherever you may be! (Even us stay-at-home-mom's are working folk!) I found this description about Labor Day that I wanted to share.

Dedicated in honor of the worker, it is also appropriately called the "workingman's holiday". The holiday is dedicated to you in respect and appreciation for the work you do in or outside of the home, union or non-union, big company, small companies, or government. As long as you work somewhere at something, this holiday is for you!

So your challenge today is to make a layout or a card or a desktop or whatever in honor of a job or someone who works hard in your life. You can interpret it anyway you like. Maybe you want to make a Thank You card for that special "Honey" in your life that brings home the bacon. Maybe you want to make a special layout for your Mom or Dad because they worked so hard to provide for you while you were growing up. Maybe you want to do a layout about your first job. Get creative! I want to see what you can come up with! I'm looking for ideas for myself so seeing what you come up with in these challenges always inspires me!

When you're done please upload your creation in the General Challenges Gallery here: http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=sc&cat=197

I was going to make a card for my husband but my son has been quite sick and I haven't been able to get it done. Maybe next year? ;) I still want to see what you come up with!

Shari, love that holiday description. I'll take it! Hope your son feels better soon.

I would love to do a page on my husband, he works VERY hard. We're not really a couple anymore but do live together with our kids and he's been the sole provider for many years. While we struggle he still puts his best foot forward every day. Yep, I'll do one on him!

ARG lost my internet connection and finally got it back! Here's mine:

Hard Worker

Archived