Pse5 To Cs3 Or Photoshop?

TracEy

I currently have PSE5 and am going to upgrade. What should I upgrade to? CS3 or Photoshop? Also I am not very good at search engines. Can someone guide me to a link for both. It's not that I am lazy, it's just that I get lost in there in the search.

For the link, better someone else will tell you where to buy in the states ...

But CS3 is in fact the Creative Suite from Adobe containing Photoshop and other programs like Bridge, Illustrator, Indesign, Lightroom, Dreamweaver ... depending on what you buy the standard edition or the extended edition, web edition ...

So if you do not need the Creative Suite you can buy Photoshop on its own, better ask at your shop ... or I am sure there is a girl here knowing the last discounts and coolest shops :)

HTH

Here is the link to Adobe

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/family/

They only show the creative suite, but I think that you still can buy Photoshop alone

Tracey, I think the best place to but this big ole program is from adobe. You can get a free 30 day download version. I ended up with CS3, but not the extended version. Check out the website. I think you'll be pleased. You do get a little break on the upgrade price. Check out the prices after CS4 is released, today I think. I just got CS3 so there's no way I'll upgrade to CS4 unless they practically give it to me. doubt that will happen. These are big powerful programs and a BIG investment, but one I'm sure glad I made. Just another giant step onto the learning curve ladder too. Still, I'm so glad i did it. I am really starting to get into the photo post processing and the camera RAW plugin is just what I needed. I've just barely scratched the surface, so I'm no expert on giving advice here, just wanted to let you know how happy I am I took the plunge.

I can't guarantee anything, but I am still able to pull up the 'wacom' priviledges stuff explained in this thread

If this is still current, you can get Photoshop CS3 for $299 (this is what I did in January), you are still buying from Adobe, just at a substantial discount and you end up with a tablet too!

One other thing I'm sure you haven't thought of...the bigger the program, the more memory needed. So if you are working on minimal memory on your computer even with PSE5, I'd upgrade the memory at the same time you upgrade the digi program you want :)

For the link, better someone else will tell you where to buy in the states ...

But CS3 is in fact the Creative Suite from Adobe containing Photoshop and other programs like Bridge, Illustrator, Indesign, Lightroom, Dreamweaver ... depending on what you buy the standard edition or the extended edition, web edition ...

So if you do not need the Creative Suite you can buy Photoshop on its own, better ask at your shop ... or I am sure there is a girl here knowing the last discounts and coolest shops :)

HTH

Here is the link to Adobe

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/family/

They only show the creative suite, but I think that you still can buy Photoshop alone

I went hunting for info on just Photoshop and what I finally found (Adobe is REALLY pushing this Creative Suites stuff BIG TIME, cause they kind of hide just PS) was called PSCS4 vs CS4. That alone is confusing! Is everyone who states they use CS3 talking about the Suite Set? Anyway, if anyone else has had a hard time finding just PS at the Adobe site, try this link: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop/upgrade/ . You can then get to more details for the SW from there (Click on Features on the right).

Yes, their CS story is confusing!

I have the Creative Suite. But I was sure there must be Photoshop on it's own, but didn't find it either. I mean, Illustrator and Indesign are very specific programs and not everybody needs them ...

I just put my cs3 on my lap top that I cant use any more memory it is maxed out & runs just fine on 1.5 gig memory on XP i had it runnng all day just to make sure it will be fine I did allot more memory to cs3 under preferences for it to run. Also My lap top is empty on programs when I got my new desk top in March I cleaned it completely of programs & everything in there so nothing would be running.

Archived