Digiscrapping At Work!

BethLang

As a school counselor, I have found a way to bring my love of digi scrapping to work with me!

Here's what I have been doing....

Making passes for students to come see me,

Making my own note paper (like letterhead

Designing ATCs with kids in group counseling experiences, like my grief group. Kids are doing ATCs for each memory of their loved one and I am printing them out for them and we are designing special memory boxes for our ATCs.

Making my kids feel special with specially designed note paper with their names on it on which I send birthday notes on, or FabuGrams (a note to say you did something FABULOUS today) etc...

Using the card templates to make cards for kids, staff, home and school officers, etc...

and I am sure I will come up with many more ideas to take my love and addiction with me to work!

:)

oh what a special person you are. and this is probably such good therapy for the kids as well.

I know it was my therapy when my brother passed away and now, now it's my addiction, LOL!!

you keep going with this Beth, what a wonderful idea

we are making our ATCs with paper and pastels, and paints, etc. that we borrow from the art teacher. The kids really like making these "memory" cards and sharing them. Plus it is like art therapy, expression through art media when words are not enough. I am sooo loving this concept!!! ATC means "Always To Carry", meaning that the memories on the cards are always to be carried in our hearts.

I'm really proud to be a Scrap Girl right now, as you have all made my life better and this is how I am paying it forward.

WOW, Beth!! You sound like you're doing an INCREDIBLE job -- the kids are really lucky to have you! Where were you when I was in school? :)

What cool ideas -- paying it forward, indeed! GO YOU! (For the record, I pop in scrapbooking stuff whenever I can. LOL)

WOW Beth that is simpley Wonderful!! WTG!! I am sure these memories will turn somones life into a computer geek or a artist is a poest or writer or just one heck of a human being. WTG!!

Last night I redesigned our guidance dept. brochures, letterhead, and did more passes for kids. You know what? The kids are nuts over their passes. They used to get half sheets of yellow paper that stood out and made them look "different" from the other kids because the passes were YELLOW and BIIIIGGGGG. So now, I let them choose their own design, and they are more proud ot carry it around, as I personalize it to them. Then it's kinda cool to see the counselor b/x you get things made JUST FOR YOU by someone who cares. I think I am on to something here!

Beth, you are definitely on to something!!!! Something amazing, extraordinary, loving and compassionate. The fact that you run a grief group is amazing in itself; then add all the great expression opportunities. Your kids are lucky indeed.

Can we clone you?

Archived