Fonts

Guest scappy

Hi,
I'm a new digital scapper. I have CK and I have just downloaded a couple of different free fonts. I have unzipped them but now I am having trouble figuring out how to use them with my software. My 2nd question is I am trying to figure out why when I make a LO on the computer the photo pictures I add look light on the computer but when I print them out on photo paper they are coming out darker. I have a HP Photosmart printer, any ideas how to take care of that problem? 3rd question is I just printed out about 21 LO's and it used up all my ink! Any cheaper way of doing this for my 8.5x11 scrapbook? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fonts - once you unzip them, you need to install them by moving the files to the Windows> Fonts folder

Dark photos - sounds like your monitor needs to be calibrated - if your monitor's brightness is turned way up, you'll be over correcting on the screen, but printing dark.

21 layouts is a ton! I think I'd use up all my ink, too! Figure the cost per LO, though - still way cheeper than paper scrapping!

Thanks for replying Betsy. I'm also a computer newbie, could you please tell me how I move the files to the Windows font folder?

Thanks

Get bothj windows open - so you can see the Windows>Fonts folder (Clcik My Computer to find the Windows folder) and the folder with your new fonts. Then just drag and drop the new fonts into the Fonts folder.

Archived