Previewing Fonts Photoshop Cs2

Guest heartofwisdom

Guest heartofwisdom
In th Photoshop Scrapbook tutorial Ipurchsed at Scrapgirls, the instructor shows choosing a font by highlighting the text and using the arrow keys to preview the tile in different fonts. It was a wow moment but I can't do it??

I can't do this in Photoshop CS2. Am I missing something? Maybe I should have another key pressed?

THnaks.

Hi!

Make sure that both your text AND the font box are highlighted. And you have to make sure you are using your text tool. Then you can just scrolll down and see your layout text change as you scroll down. I remember that when I was learning the most common mistakes I made while working on my text was...

1. I was on the wrong layer.
2. I wasn't actually on the text tool.

It is SO easy to be on the wrong layer that you can't believe it. Photoshop will keep putting new text layers every time you click if you don't get the actual text layer and the text. And so even though you think you are on the right layer, you look over and find that Photoshp has thrown you on a different layer. It can make you feel crazy until you realize it happens so easily. If you are having problems with this, it helps to zoom up closer.

Hope that helps!

Archived