Writing In The Sand...

SJDodd

Hello Scrapgirls!

I am working on a layout and I would like to add some words to what is the background of the layout. The background is the sand and the beach.

Can someone explain to me how I would create the look of "handwriting" in the sand?

I am using PSE6

Thanks for any help - you have been wonderful and I am learning so much! Sometimes I even impress myself! :banana:

Sandy

I'm going to take a stab at this. I've never tried it. But here's what I would try first...

Make your text layer. Then add a layer on top, and choose a brush to make your text somewhat imperfect. Then play with your blending modes and opacity on your text and brush layers till it looks the way you want.

I might go one step further on that and use the pillow or other layer style that looks like a depression (sorry- not in front of the program) to make it look as if it is dug down into the sand. You could also try to duplicate your sand layer and then use the eraser on the top layer and put a shadow style on the top layer. (The eraser with shadow is what I did on this sandy layout . Just some things to try... HTH

Archived