14 replies to this topic

#1 Becca

Becca

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,709 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 07:32 AM

I don't want to look in the other post...the Team Edward or Team Jacob one. Forgive me for that, but I have not started "Breaking Dawn" yet. So I don't want to ruin it.

I'm almost done with "Eclipse", and ugh!!! I cannot believe that Bella is "in love" with Jacob, too. In some way, that's spoiling the whole "one true love" angle for me in this series. It's tainted that strong connection she feels towards Edward. Why couldn't they just keep it that she kissed him back because of the simple human experience? The feel of warm lips vs. Edward's cold and hard-as-stone ones?

Maybe it's because I haven't finished the series yet that this upsets me so. But I seriously think I liked Bella BEFORE she was in love with two men.

The movie's coming out next month. What's your feeling on that? Going to see it? Or not? Even though I've rarely found a movie that I prefer over the book, I just have to see the movie. DH already knows we have a "date" for opening weekend.

#2 JoannB

JoannB

It's a great day to Scrap!

• Members
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:52 AM

LOL. Haven't you ever had two people that you've liked equally well? I think Bella isn't as much IN LOVE with Jacob -- at least not the way she is with Edward -- but more trying to figure out what she REALLY wants with life. Conflicting emotions, conflicting futures. She saw the possibility of children w/ Jacob, and that is appealing. I'd say keep on reading, and maybe it'll work it out in the end for you. :)

And I am ABSOLUTELY going to be seeing the movie. I think it'd be fun to get a group of ladies together to see it... I probably won't go to the midnight release, but I'm definitely going to be one of the people IN the theater watching it. :) I can't wait!! The trailers look amazing. If you haven't seen any of the trailers, I think you can link to them off of Stephenie Meyer's website: www.StephenieMeyer.com -- they are fabulous! I love Stephenie Meyer's website.
Posted Image Posted Image
check out My Gallery

#3 Shelbi

Shelbi

Grumpy Lumpy Scrapping Junkie

• Members
  • 8,422 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:57 AM

no spoilers here, buuuuut just keep reading.
I got to a point where I kinda got freaked out (not gonna tell you want and spoil the surprise) but I just kept reading and then it got better. LOL

#4 Becca

Becca

• Members
  • 10,709 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:37 AM

Sure, you two made it worse! It's bad enough that DH is hiding the books from me when he gets home. I'm literally GLUED to them. I did start Breaking Dawn this morning, so hopefully I won't feel so clueless by tomorrow.

Joann, I'm hoping you're right. That it's less than she's "in love" with Jacob, and more that it's just the process of making sure she's made the right decision.

My gosh, I can't believe it's taken me this long to "find" this series. I'm always reading. But since I rely on my mom for the constant book supply, it's rare that she and I find our ways outside of the "comfort zone". I am so glad that I had that Overstock gift card lying around the same week these Twilight posts on SG caught me eye. It's been ages since I've really really gotten into a book like this again. Thankfully, there's 4 of 'em! LOL!

Back to reading...

#5 JoannB

JoannB

• Members
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:20 PM

LOL!! Come up for air every once in a while and let us know how you like Breaking dawn. :) I personally REALLY liked it - although I know there are plenty of people who didn't. Oh well. Personal taste. :) I'm glad you're enjoying the series -- I read the first three books in... umm... 3 days.
check out My Gallery

#6 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 41,872 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 03:35 PM

I read them pretty quickly too. :D And to think they had been on my bookshelf for a while. Comes from having teenage daughters. My husband knows better than to hide a book from me. ;)

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#7 PhotoshopScrapper

PhotoshopScrapper

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

Becca, keep reading. I think Eclipse was my favorite.... can't say anything more....less of course we know what part you are at :).
Posted Image

Denise
My beautiful new siggy created by a Cheshire Cat??? Thank you!
Posted Image

#8 sweetaudrey

sweetaudrey

★ Everybody Love Everybody! ★

• Members
  • 4,507 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:31 PM

I can't wait to hear your reaction from the first part of Breaking Dawn Becca!
Posted Image
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace.
My Blog: Audrey Playing House

#9 Brandy M

Brandy M

Scrapgirls Product Designer

• Design Team
  • 9,730 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:29 AM

I just finished Breaking Dawn myself and I really loved it. I didn't know a movie was coming out so thanks for that tip!! Someone let me know when it's out.

#10 JoannB

JoannB

• Members
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:41 AM

It's being released November 21st -- I'm really looking forward to it!
check out My Gallery

#11 Becca

Becca

• Members
  • 10,709 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:00 AM

I'm on page 442, right where Bella is getting ready to meet Renesemee (what on earth kind of name is that, anyway??) after her first hunt.

This is me - coming up for air. Can I take a guess? Did Jacob imprint on Renesmee???

#12 DDecker

DDecker

Live, Laugh, Love, Eat Chocolate!

• Members
  • 9,893 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a mom, wife, sister, friend and daughter not necessarily in that order.

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:25 AM

Keep reading! LOL you are jussssssst getting to the good part!
Posted Image

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. reinhold niebuhr

#13 JoannB

JoannB

• Members
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:54 AM

Yeah, the name "Renesmee" is a wee bit strange. But, keep on reading!!!
check out My Gallery

#14 Becca

Becca

• Members
  • 10,709 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:55 AM

Keep reading! LOL you are jussssssst getting to the good part!

You're such a tease, Dee! I put the book down - rather took it upstairs again. I've read almost all morning, since I finished that project you asked me about. I've got to stop for awhile. At least leave the last 1/3 of the book for tomorrow. My anniversary is today, so I'm tempted to go to the store and surprise DH with something good for dinner. I've been ignoring him for the last week, but that's not exactly a good idea on our anniversary. :rofl:

#15 DDecker

DDecker

Live, Laugh, Love, Eat Chocolate!

• Members
  • 9,893 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a mom, wife, sister, friend and daughter not necessarily in that order.

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:56 AM

Nope not a good idea to ignore him on your anniversary!
Posted Image

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. reinhold niebuhr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users