Boutique Suggestions For Newbie?

Guest MtEmilyScrapper

Guest MtEmilyScrapper
What would be a good variety of product from the boutique for me to download on my laptop before I go on an EXTREMELY long road trip next weekend...so I can play with PS CS2 and get to know the program a little bit? I want to make sure I have some backgrounds, embellies (brads, ribbons, etc.), frames, etc.

It looks like there are oodles and oodles of fun things in the boutique, but I'm even sure where to start :D

I just don't want to get on the road and have THE perfect page made and then think, "Oh, I should have downloaded THAT," and then not have it with me. I'm just talking about a very basic start-up kit of digital items, I guess you'd call it for lack of a better term, that will still allow me to make some cool LOs. Not asking too much, am I?? :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help! I'm lovin' this site already!! Trina

Cool that you can take your computer with you on your trip! The great thing about Collections at ScrapGirls is that every one will contain everything you need to complete several pages. A Biggie Collection will have 16 backgrounds, 3 sheets of embellishments and 3 alphas! This is how we set up every full kit so that you have everything you need. If you would like to work with something specific, look in the details of the embellishments, as every set is different. My suggestion would be to find a few Collections, or Collection Biggies that you love. This will give you a chance to work with backgrounds, alphas and a variety of elements.

If you hope to include a lot of journalling, Valarie Randall has an all journaling paper pack you might check out, and if you like the look of stitching (very popular now) check out Mandy Steward's Layer your own stitching brushes. Don't forget Ro's movies because you will probably want to check back as you start working! :) That will probably get you going....

Have a great triip!

I agree with Melissa, there alot of great things, but a collection would help in getting you at least a combination of embellishments, alphas and papers. If you know what pictures you are wanting to scrap you can always see if there is a kit that is basic enough to cover your photos. The SG Collections for the food for the poor are sometimes a little larger than the biggie collections because of the combination of work from all the designers, and usually have a whole bunch of styles ot work with. Also those Layout Templates come in real handy to create some layouts quickly. The best part about Digital, is that if you do find yourself wishing you had that one embellishment. It so easy to still save your LO mostly finished, start on a new one and then later get the one embellishment and add it. I was also going to say if you love stitching but haven't experienced the Layer Your Own yet (you'll have to they are great) but want something quicker so you can just learn the program, Tonya has a great stitching collection! Without all the hassle of getting out all your paper supplies to finish up the layout. You could have 4 or 5 layouts going on in different stages... Have fun and enjoy your trip!

Wow, there are so many great collections in the boutique. I know because I keep purchasing things there! hehe

Do you have particular pictures you want to work on while you're away? I would think of the pictures you want to scrap and kind of find something that fits the theme. The layer your own stuff and the ScrapSimple paper templates are wonderful things to have. Lissa's suggestion of the Secrets videos by Ro are a great idea too!

Tell us what kind of pictures you're using and I'm sure we can give good suggestions! hehe

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived