Abc's Of Household Objects

Sheri Johnson

7 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Even though I am an hour behind y’all I love reading your posts. Amy, I’m glad your mom is progressing so nicely and that you’re able to find ways to make life better for everyone. Getting a haircut is like magic game changer. I’m over due on getting mine cut. 

So true on all of this!   I normally am up @5am so I love reading everyone's from the night before.
I am SO overdue on a haircut, I now have "long" hair.   Only from being, as I say - lazy and cheap!   Last haircut was in August when I walked from the pool and it was SO hot.   19º here when I woke up this morning.  :winter_brr:   But, I did make an appt for Tuesday.   We'll see, still not sure I want to get one now.   

Garage

Very helpful to have but my car is never in it because other things are.

Mine’s not that overdue, since before Christmas. I go to a place where you can just walk in or sign in online but still may have to wait. I think the girl I liked has left. Being somewhat of an introvert it’s hard to do new. New hairstylist, new doctor, etc. Marilyn, @MariJ That’s much too cold!! Did you get hit by that ice storm that hit Chicago and Michigan? Do stay warm and safe. 

Hangers

5 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Mine’s not that overdue, since before Christmas. I go to a place where you can just walk in or sign in online but still may have to wait. I think the girl I liked has left. Being somewhat of an introvert it’s hard to do new. New hairstylist, new doctor, etc. Marilyn, @MariJ That’s much too cold!! Did you get hit by that ice storm that hit Chicago and Michigan? Do stay warm and safe. 

No, we didn't get that, thank goodness - although it's been lightly snowing, but not sticking since early this morning.  Also weirdly - they heavily salted the roads so I'm not sure if they are expecting it to be icy later.  
I understand  about new things, that is so me, I don't do change well.   I've been having my hair cut at the same neighborhood place now for years and the same person which is nice.   For some reason this time the hair grew out fairly well and I've been using gel to keep it in place.   We'll see - not sure what I'll do because I really don't want it short right now in the cold, but.......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

We have one when we remember to use it. 😆

Letter Opener if people even use those anymore. 

Me too on both of what you said!

Marker

I use a lot of sharpies to mark things.   My little neighbor calls it a "Circler" because at Hannukah they would take the catalogs and circle what they wanted.   😁  I didn't what she meant when she said I need a circler.   HAHA, pretty good, huh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

Good one and I had no idea what she was talking about!   Very descriptive, but no clue.   Now whenever I see a marker I think of it as a "circler".

Oven mitt

Otherwise known as a potholder but that can be used next here!  😂

Actually, an oven mitt is like a mitten while a pot holder is either square, round, or oval. ;)

Pleated Curtains, maybe that's a thing?

9 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Actually, an oven mitt is like a mitten while a pot holder is either square, round, or oval. ;)

Pleated Curtains, maybe that's a thing?

Of course they are, and that makes sense.   I guess I call everything a pot holder!

Queen size sheets

If your bed is that size...

• Like 1

Good Q answer!

Range

I wanted to know what the difference was between an stove and a range. Google says: A range is a stove with an oven and has a source of fuel which is either gas or electricity. I always thought that they were the same thing, Stove and Range. But Google also says: Stoves also have stove tops that are removable. Go figure. 

4 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Good Q answer!

Range

I wanted to know what the difference was between an stove and a range. Google says: A range is a stove with an oven and has a source of fuel which is either gas or electricity. I always thought that they were the same thing, Stove and Range. But Google also says: Stoves also have stove tops that are removable. Go figure. 

Go figure, indeed - who knew?   But, that's pretty interesting information, you are so good at that and I learn from you.   Just like oven mitts and potholders I would have assumed that stoves and ranges were the same - just different names.   Stove tops that are removable?   I never heard of that.  So stoves don't have to have ovens?   Fascinating, thank you.

HAHAHA!   Now I looked for the next letter -- I'll say...  Wait for it.....

STOVE!   :rofl:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

How could you not say it!!! 😆 I just googled removable stovetop and it showed portable stovetops 🤷🏻‍♀️ So maybe google doesn’t always know what it’s talking about. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Tea strainer isn’t that a thing? Or maybe it’s called something else? 🫖

Absolutely, yes it's a thing.   My Mom loved tea, not different flavors (she was purely a Lipton Lady) and had so many tea things that either she bought or people gave her.   I've shared a lot, but still have a lot.  And, oh yes, there are tea strainers.  She never used as she used bags, but I have a few I use with loose tea!
And funny about the stovetop, again - who knew?    I dislike anything Google since they take over the world and they caused me a huge computer issue once so I boycott them.  😂   So I "Yahoo", not google.   Every once in awhile I'll check google and it's funny I do get different searches.

Under-the counter light.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ladyscrapalot said:

Good answer both of you!!

Window sills 

Ours are low to the floor. When we first brought Cookie home she used one in the living room as a chew toy. 🤦🏻‍♀️☺️

Yep - we had that same lovely experience with Reesie, our pup. 🙄

• Like 1