Friday Cust. Submitted Challenge 10/24/08

Shari PV Mom

Congratulations to our member Germon's Mom! She submitted today's challenge and is now collecting her Scrap Girls prize! Email angela@scrapgirls.com to redeem your prize.

The challenge she submitted was:

– Using Bad Photos

(If you were at convention then Shalae tought you a fabulous technique for making a Bad/Blurry Photo look incredible! I plan on using it for a specific photo. Now ... to find the time! I will post it as soon as I get it done. I'll work on it today for sure!)

Remember, post your layouts here: Gallery

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

You can do be our Friday challenger too.....

Submit your idea to challenges@scrapgirls.com. If your unique challenge idea is chosen, you will win a prize (such as a brush set, paper set, embellishment set, etc.) The prize will be a surprise, but you'll be sure to like it because you will get to pick out the one you like best (from the category you'll be assigned to shop in when you are notified that we are going to use your challenge idea.) Dont forget to include your name here on the messageboard!

(If you were at convention then Shalae tought you a fabulous technique for making a Bad/Blurry Photo look incredible! I plan on using it for a specific photo. Now ... to find the time! I will post it as soon as I get it done. I'll work on it today for sure!)

And if we weren't at the convention and didn't get this little gem, is it in the University for those of us who kept the Ranch going?

And if we weren't at the convention and didn't get this little gem, is it in the University for those of us who kept the Ranch going?

I'm so glad you asked that, Joy .... I was thinking the same thing. I have several bad photos - but have no clue the technique used in reference to this challenge.

Hmmm ... maybe I shouldn't have said anything. If I get 60 minutes to myself today to make a layout then I will post it and you'll see the technique we mean. Maybe she'll teach it again next year? Or maybe she'll be nice and write a tutorial? I don't know. But now I'm feeling bad because there are too many that couldn't join us at convention. :( I'm sure y'all can come up with some cool technique (or find a neat action in the boutique?) that'll help you make something awesome out of those bad photos. I'm looking forward to seeing how creative you'll be! Inspire me ladies! :D

I loved this idea. I've already posted one bad photo/Shalae's dynamic brush technique and have another started. There are lots of ways to salvage bad photos, sometimes using just a little piece of them. Back in the paper scrapping days (remember those?) I would cut up bad photos and paste them to make paper mosaics sort of things. Cut out a small piece of a green shirt here or the sky there, a red toy somewhere else. I never wasted anything.

Bailey to Be

Archived