Show Me Your Christmas Cards!

Kara

This is my goal for this weekend, too. Shutterfly is having a sale on their 3.5X5 inch notecards (12 for $5.00), so I'm thinking I might go with those. Yes, they're small, but the budget doesn't allow for the bigger customizable ones. So I'll be watching this thread closely, too. I've been drawing a blank on what I want to do.

Great idea to start thinking of your Christmas cards. It would be nice to just get those done and checked off of the list. What I did last year was designed a 5x7 card (sorry - can't find it! Ugh!). Then, I had purchased the prepaid 5x7's at Snapfish, so just had them printed there. I emailed them to get envelopes & I seem to remember they were very reasonable. I still have credits left there, so will do that again (hardly cost anything at all last year!). Now, just need to get busy and design them.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the outside of our Christmas card for this year.

I did a lot of experimenting on it.

I'll post the inside later.

This is the first digital card I ever made so CC welcome!

EDITED: Sorry everyone! I guess it makes it a little easier to find when I include the link! http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=67616

I'm hoping to get some decent pics taken of Ty or us all on Thanksgiving and then doing my cards. I've got my Xmas kits all ready to go for it this year. I did mine 4x8" through Vista Print last year and was really happy with how they turned out.

As I said in my post, I don't consider myself a great card person, but here is our card for 2008. We are leaving in 13 days to go on a Christmas Market cruise in Germany, so I had to have it done early. Thanks for looking.

Christmas Card 2008

As I said in my post, I don't consider myself a great card person, but here is our card for 2008. We are leaving in 13 days to go on a Christmas Market cruise in Germany, so I had to have it done early. Thanks for looking.

Christmas Card 2008

Hey, I just saw your card in the gallery...it looks great!

Can I ask for some tips? I print out cards often enough. But, I don't ever print anything specific on the inside. Maybe, sometimes, an overall very light color/print to give it some interest. But in an area of the paper that will no doubt be larger than the printed area of the card on the other side.

How do you line up the printing on both sides so that they will be in the right spot for each other? Or, do you do the kind of card where all 4 sides (two outside, two inside) are printed on one side of the paper (the inside flipped opposite the outside) and you fold it over?

Follow me?

I'm gonna have to play around now. lol

Here's an example for you gals of going a bit overboard with supplies. lol

As you will see, it was my first post here...I didn't even have it sized very big for the gallery.

I was still kind of new to the digi world and loved it so much and added TOO much to it. lol

2007 card

Wow! I just noticed I had 4 different collections going into that one. (I started my boutique love early, I guess. lol)

Christmas Card 2008

Hey, I just saw your card in the gallery...it looks great!

Can I ask for some tips? I print out cards often enough. But, I don't ever print anything specific on the inside. Maybe, sometimes, an overall very light color/print to give it some interest. But in an area of the paper that will no doubt be larger than the printed area of the card on the other side.

How do you line up the printing on both sides so that they will be in the right spot for each other? Or, do you do the kind of card where all 4 sides (two outside, two inside) are printed on one side of the paper (the inside flipped opposite the outside) and you fold it over?

Follow me?

I'm gonna have to play around now. lol

I print the inside and outside separately. First I print the outside, printing two cards to the page. Then I turn the paper over, being very careful to turn it the right way, and print the inside. The first few times I did it I was very nervous and printed one copy of the inside first to be sure I had the paper turned right. Now I am pretty comfortable about printing this way. As for lining it up, I usually set the grid so that there is a line in the center, either horizontally or vertically, to help me get it lined up. I'm not saying mine are lined up perfectly, but they work for me. I just prefer to print my own; it's probably not any cheaper, but for me it's just easier.

Printing all 4 sides on one piece of paper limits the size of the card.

I often print that way, tho, and stick them on a larger pre-made card.

Then I do a little hybrid fix ups.

I started that with pre-made card programs. It's a lot more time consuming, though.

Just printing the inside on regular paper and attaching it would not be bad, though.

You could probably print the insides for several cards on one sheet.

I kind of hate to waste the more expensive paper on a mostly-blank page.

Whatever you do, have fun with it!

:)

Hello Everyone!

I would like to thank everyone for the lovely comments on my card. Sorry I made it so difficult to find! I just edited my original post with the link. Thanks Becca for giving the link in your post! I really appreciate it. I'm working on getting the whole thing put together and I'll post the final hopefully sometime today.

Again, thank you everyone for your comments! I never realized this card would get the reaction it did!

Okay. I've finished our Christmas card. I put it in a .gif format to show each view.

It's printed on Printworks photo paper (matte, much to my dismay once I opened the package yesterday). I haven't decided if I'm printing these at home or if I'm going to have them printed.

Here's the link: http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.ph...i&img=67869

TFL!

HERE is my card from last year. I've thought a lot about this year's but haven't gotten around to making it yet.

Forgot to mention. Mine was done as a 4x6 photo print. Super cheap 14 cent prints or whatever :) Tucked it with a little letter in an envelope and they worked out great :)

These are all so beautiful. What sizes are the best to use. I've never done cards myself before, but these are so gorgeous, I have to do my own this year. I don't need too many so I'll print them at home. What cardstock, envelopes is available and easy to use?

Archived