Photoshop/image Ready

scrappydo

I am using Photoshop 6. Along with this software is another program called Image Ready and you can toggle back and forth between the two. The work spaces look basically the same with some small differences.

Is this for enhancing photos before you open them in Photoshop? I am bound and determined to learn Photoshop inside out and am just wondering if I need to add this part of the program to my list of things to learn.

Guest lisaedson
[quote name='scrappydo' date='Mar 5 2006, 02:43 PM']I am using Photoshop 6.  Along with this software is another program called Image Ready and you can toggle back and forth between the two.  The work spaces look basically the same with some small differences.

Is this for enhancing photos before you open them in Photoshop?  I am bound and determined to learn Photoshop inside out and am just wondering if I need to add this part of the program to my list of things to learn.
[right][post="34838"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

ImageReady is used to make animations mainly, so for LOs stick to PS and IR if you want to make animated web graphics or something animated :)

Image Ready is very specific software for mainly creating webgraphics. It's for creating rollover buttons and animations (as mentioned) but was really designed to prepare images/graphics for the web as opposed to print. All the features are geared towards 72 ppi graphics and getting the best quality for less memory (important for web graphics).

Hope that helps :)

Archived