Anybody Use Add-o-matic?

fit2walk

I just read someone's post on the Adobe PSE website where they recommended Add-O-Matic. Apparently it automatically installs actions, styles, brushes, etc. I'd love to know if any SGs have tried it and, if so, what they think of it.

Interesting ...

Hi,

I saw this thread and thought I would let ya'll know that I use the add-o-matic for PSE 5 for several years and I really like it. I have just recently bought the one for PSE 6 and 7. I can say it is worth the money and it's a whole lot easier to drag and drop things into this lil program rather than trying to figure out the XML code thing. lol

HTH

Thanks, Rachel

Thanks for that, Rachel. I really wanted to hear from somebody who'd actually used it. I'm seriously thinking of upgrading to PSE7 and then also buying Add-O-Matic. I'm with you - I'd much rather drag and drop than worry about the whole code thing.

Just thought I'd let any interested readers know that I downloaded and tried out Add-O-Matic today.

While I've found brushes easy to install, I was intimidated by things I read on the message board about installing styles, actions, etc. I decided to go ahead and spend the $10.99 and see how it works. Yeehaw I say! :having-a-party: I bought some styles and an action during the sale, dragged them onto the Add-O-Matic box, and they were installed almost instantly. I then went into PSE6 and looked around and found all of them. I brought up a sample psd file and played with some of the news styles and actions and they all seemed to work just fine. In fact, great! :breakdance:

So this is a good news and bad news kind of thing. The good news is that AOM seems to work great (I'll let you know if I find out differently). The bad news is that I'll have to start buying actions and styles and other tools. Oh, but that's good news, right - so long as I can afford it, anyway. :dancing-smilie:

This sounds amazing!! I'm surprised that there have only been one (now 2) people who use it since it sounds like it works like a charm. I vaughly remember it mentioned somewhere in one of the many topics about 'how do I load my styles . . or actions . . . or brushes . . ."; but there wasn't much said or there was something wrong with it. Maybe it's been revised and works better???? Maybe I'm remembering a completely different software.

Anyway, it definitely sounds like it's worth $11. I loaded my millions of styles and several actions the long way; but I find that every time I have to add some, I have to pull out my instructions and figure out the how to do it all over again. And there ARE a few steps to accomplish.

So, I'm going to keep tracking this topic; but I think I'm already going to put it in my stack of stuff to get next!

Thanks for the info and research, girls!

I got my PSE 7 installed a couple of weeks ago but haven't gotten around to loading my brushes, styles and actions. I think I'll give AOM a try!

Which version are you upgrading from? I'd be interested to hear whether you think the upgrade is worth the cost. And FYI, AOM's site says it'll work with PSE7, though I used it with PSE6.

I got my PSE 7 installed a couple of weeks ago but haven't gotten around to loading my brushes, styles and actions. I think I'll give AOM a try!

Me too!

I'm a PSE5 user .... a CS4 wannabe ......but thinking maybe PSE7 might be better (since I'm hearing some difficulties with CS4)!

Grace:

One of the things I struggle a bit with is that after loading my styles or actions, there is no subheader (for lack of knowing exactly what to call it) to locate them under. You know, you can look under "bevels" or "drop shadows" for groups of layer styles, but (just for example) to use my "organica" styles I have to know the designer's initials to locate them.

My question: does Add-O-Matic load them with these "subheaders?" If it does, I think I'll have to splurge, too.

Just thought I'd let any interested readers know that I downloaded and tried out Add-O-Matic today.

While I've found brushes easy to install, I was intimidated by things I read on the message board about installing styles, actions, etc. I decided to go ahead and spend the $10.99 and see how it works. Yeehaw I say! :having-a-party: I bought some styles and an action during the sale, dragged them onto the Add-O-Matic box, and they were installed almost instantly. I then went into PSE6 and looked around and found all of them. I brought up a sample psd file and played with some of the news styles and actions and they all seemed to work just fine. In fact, great! :breakdance:

So this is a good news and bad news kind of thing. The good news is that AOM seems to work great (I'll let you know if I find out differently). The bad news is that I'll have to start buying actions and styles and other tools. Oh, but that's good news, right - so long as I can afford it, anyway. :dancing-smilie:

Woo Hoo Grace, glad you decided to buy the AOM; don't ya just love it and lol on having to buy more things to use it. :clapping_kitty:

Rachel

Hey Girls,

I have been using Addomatic for a year and really like it.

You install it, easy peasy to do, and double click on the icon, it comes up, and you go into your scrap stuff, and drag the files into the add o matic grey box, and click GO. It is that easy. I can't live without it.

The only only problem with it, and I can live with this, is that it does not transfer psd files or png files, so you are left without pictures of your styles in the PSE pallette boxes. But you can still roll over the boxes and the title comes up. So, I can live with that.

It is inexpensive to get, too.

And, only put in 50 items at a time. It doesn't tell you when you hit 50, so just do a few at a time.

GO GET IT!

ok...I am sold where did you get yours from. Also, does anyone know the improvements in PSE 7 from 6? I have 6 and was just wondering what I am missing.. I hate to be left out! Is it worth the cost to upgrade? I had PSE 5 for about 1 month before 6 came out so I upgraded almost immediately.

ok...I am sold where did you get yours from. Also, does anyone know the improvements in PSE 7 from 6? I have 6 and was just wondering what I am missing.. I hate to be left out! Is it worth the cost to upgrade? I had PSE 5 for about 1 month before 6 came out so I upgraded almost immediately.

Just google Add-o-matic. I think the company that sells it is "Grafficalicus" or something like that.

I'm still debating going from PSE 6 to PSE 7 and am watching the message board.

Lisa, love your signature - very unique.

Just google Add-o-matic. I think the company that sells it is "Grafficalicus" or something like that.

I'm still debating going from PSE 6 to PSE 7 and am watching the message board.

Lisa, love your signature - very unique.

Thanks Grace! But I have to say..you are a bad influnence. :disappearing-smilie: I not only bought AOM but I also bought the Fun Foto FX. I have already loaded all my "stuff" but have not played with it yet. I am getting ready to though.

Thanks Grace! But I have to say..you are a bad influnence. :disappearing-smilie: I not only bought AOM but I also bought the Fun Foto FX. I have already loaded all my "stuff" but have not played with it yet. I am getting ready to though.

Uh oh, not sure I want to be a bad influence just in case you're not happy with AOM. Let me know how it works for you. The only action I've bought and used so far is the paper tear, but I'm loving it and will definitely want to buy more in the future.

Oh...no! Not disappointed at all. I even told my SIL about it and she bought it already also and it loaded her .asl files she couldn't get loaded...so it is an astounding success so far. I used it last night to use a brush I used on the new page I posted in my gallery..so I am thrilled already. For the cost I would say it was an excellent find and major props to you for sharing it! Thanks again!

Oh...no! Not disappointed at all. I even told my SIL about it and she bought it already also and it loaded her .asl files she couldn't get loaded...so it is an astounding success so far. I used it last night to use a brush I used on the new page I posted in my gallery..so I am thrilled already. For the cost I would say it was an excellent find and major props to you for sharing it! Thanks again!

Excellent! :dancingelephant: That's one of the great things about the SG messageboards - all the terrific things you learn.

Thought I'd bump this back up. I installed PSE7 yesterday and wasn't sure if AOM would move all of my styles, brushes and one action into PSE7 since I'd already used it to load into PSE6. I'm happy to report that it apparently could tell I had both PSE6 and 7 on my computer, because when I told it to "go," it asked if I wanted them installed in PSE6 or 7. I clicked on PSE7 and that's where it loaded them. Unlike PSE6, which showed the AOM logo, PSE7 is showing the actual images, i.e., the Paper Tear images of paper or photo tear.

Somebody asked if they're loaded under subheaders, and the answer is no, they're not. You have to know the designer's initials. If I want to use the Paper Tear, for instance, I have to go towards the bottom of Show All and find the actions under MRE_PaperTear.

I don't know if AOM always plays well with brushes and styles and actions, but it worked like a dream with PSE6 and it seems to work even better with PSE7. I'm knocking on wood as I say this, and hoping it always works this well!

Grace, how do you like PSE7?

I haven't had time to find out yet! I installed it last night and moved all of the styles and brushes and the action in this morning, then I was gone most of the day. I've only had time to check to make sure everything installed correctly and that it kept and converted all my categories and tags and such in the Organizer, which it did. Maybe if I stayed out of the message boards I'd have time to try it. :breakdance: I've started a page and will let you know how it works. Probably not much different from PSE6, which is what I was using. I do have to say that the ability to make the interface lighter is a big plus as I was very aggravated by how dark the screen was in 6. And I'm looking forward to checking out the photoshop.com account that came with it. Check back with me in a couple of days and by then I hope to have done at least one LO.

I just purchased this because it sounds like a great product. However, after I downloaded it and tried to unzip it, I got a message that said it was invalid. I tried left-clicking and clicking on extract all. There the message was that the folder was empty. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have already sent an e-mail to the help center with the company and am waiting to hear back from them.

Blessings,

Carrie

Archived