Anybody Use Add-o-matic?

fit2walk

I just purchased this because it sounds like a great product. However, after I downloaded it and tried to unzip it, I got a message that said it was invalid. I tried left-clicking and clicking on extract all. There the message was that the folder was empty. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have already sent an e-mail to the help center with the company and am waiting to hear back from them.

Blessings,

Carrie

Gosh, I'm sorry you're having a problem with it. It worked fine for me. It installed a shortcut on my desktop which I just doubleclick to have it run, then I drag and drop any brush, style or action file into the grey box and tell it to "go." I hope you hear back from the company soon.

Ok I splurged and got the deal at Costco for PSE7. Liking it so far, also used Add-O-Matic for version 6 and loved it. Haven't gotten the new ver 7 one yet, probably will. My question is if anyone else has this problem:

For some reason in ver 6 my styles loaded with subtitles so I didn't have to go to Show All, now in ver 7 I have to go to Show All and it is taking a VERY LOONG time to load PSE. If I remember to not leave it on Show All when I close then it will open faster but then when I want to get to them it takes forever again. Is this a common problem?

I have PSE7 & Vista. I use Add-O-Matic to add my styles. As I remember you can use Add-O-Matic for both 6 & 7.

Before I drag my styles to Add-O-Matic I change the name to how I want it to appear: ie Glitter Brights, Beads-Blue etc. After you change the name make sure you click on the FX style so the name sticks.

Then I drag my styles to Add-O-Matic and have them installed. Before you open PSE7, go to your C drive go to Program Data- then adobe > Photoshop Elements > 7 then look for the Thumb Database file and delete it.

When you open PSE7 it will load the styles - it takes a while. The styles should then show with the name you gave it. I found that if you click on the Effects bar on the far right you can select show names and each style will then show the name under it. You will find that even though you changed the name for the list the name still shows up with the designer name.

I delete the Thumb Database file every time I add a new style. If I don't, the new style doesn't show up in the list.

Hope this works for you!

I also use Vista, PSE7 and Add-O-Matic. So far I haven't had to delete the thumb database to get my styles to show up, but I've seen that some of the other SGs have had to. And yes, you can use the same version of Add-O-Matic for 7 as you did for 6. When you drag the items into AOM and tell it to go, a box opens up and asks whether you're adding them to PSE6 or PSE7. Choose PSE7 and it does its magic.

I just purchased this because it sounds like a great product. However, after I downloaded it and tried to unzip it, I got a message that said it was invalid. I tried left-clicking and clicking on extract all. There the message was that the folder was empty. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have already sent an e-mail to the help center with the company and am waiting to hear back from them.

Blessings,

Carrie

It sounds like the download failed so you need to try again to

download the program.

I was wondering about getting the proper thumbnails associated with the style to show up instead of the "AOM" default pics, which if you had enough styles might be a problem. Anyway, I found the proper thumbnails from my installation of PSE 6 and copied them into the proper place in PSE 7, and it prompted me to "replace" the existing AOM generated thumbnails. I did so and I see that one of my actions (layer mask) now has it's associated thumbnail in the styles but most still have the AOM generated ones. Does anyone know how I "refresh" the program so that it shows the proper icons?

Thanks for the help!

Maureen

Now I am SO EXCITED about getting my PSE7 upgrade in the mail next week. I considered the PS4 but decided it was not time and went for the 7 instead. I have PILES of unzipped an unused brushes that I cringed to start loading... WOO HOO! I am gonna get that Add-o-matic and have some FUN this winter!

Thanks for sharing all this great info! Love it!

Archived