Which Version?

fran

Hello. I visited the adobe web site for a trial version of the PSE 3.0. I couldn't find it anywhere. I did see the 4.0. Is that ok? What's the difference?

Also, this may seem like a very silly question to experienced scrappers, but what is the difference between using a program such as PSE and using one of those all in one programs that include templates etc.

Fran :banana:

PSE 4 is the newest version of Adobe's elements, so that trial would work just fine, ;). As for the differences between using PSE 3 or 4 compared to using programs that include the templates etc., the PSE 3 or 4 would give you more freedom as far as color schemes and creating your own digital elements. It all pretty much depends on the programs and the extent of which you are wanting to go digital. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help explain more the differences as well as the PSE. ;). Sorry I'm not of further help with that, I use Paintshop Pro more than anything else just because it's more of what I am used to, but there are lots of PSE users here with lots of great help to offer and also Ro has some wonderful tutorials and lessons in the boutique for PSE that would be really wonderful to get if you chose to get the elements, ;). I'm sure there's also one there for Paintshop Pro as well, but either way, I still think that using a digital imaging program, whether it be PSE Paintshop etc compared to one that already has templates would give you more freedom as far as color schemes and creating your own elements, but that is just my opinion, ;).

PS
The only silly questions are the ones we want to ask but never do, ;). No question is ever too silly to ask here, believe me, when I first started out digital scrapping, I was asking question after question, ;).

Wow! Thank you for making me feel so welcome!

I would really like to buy a program that will give me the opportunity to be creative and use my own ideas. Also, I would really like to begin on a program that I can grow with and that I can find the most support for. I don't want to start on a program that isn't widely known or on a program that won't allow me to become as good as I hope to be :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

They found that PSE3 was sort of "giving away" too much of the powerful things full-blown PhotoShop can do - so they reined it in a bit with 4.

The "scrapbooking" type software that's out there will quickly become frustrating if you want to do anything more than plop your photos into predesigned, unmovable, set color layouts. That can be very quick and it's great that there is software out there to get that sort of page done, but it sounds like you're wanting more control.

HTH! :D

Guest ScrappySue
Hi Fran, I have PSE2 which was free with my scanner (oh boy was I happy!!). It is a great program. I would agree that it is better to get Elements or similar rather than one with just presets, think this would become boring way too quickly!

Hope you get sorted out, and by the way this is a great place to get help and advice, everyone is very helpful :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Thank you all so much for the advice. I just ordered PSE on ebay. I bought it from a guy who got it with his scanner. I feel silly saying that I don't know what version it is (he didn't know either). I was just so excited to get it and the auction was so close to closing that I bid and won! I'm just happy to soon be getting a program that will get me started with all of the fun! I have been reading so much and thinking of so many ideas that I am now so very anxious.

Thanks again,
Fran

Archived