Undoing A Save

I read this yesterday while DH & I were tootling around town running errands.

I suspect it's widely known but, it was new for me. So, I thought I'd share it.

"Every once in a while, no matter how careful you are, you'll accidentally overwrite a file by saving over the old file instead of giving it a new name. This is where the History comes into its own. By clicking on the original file state (saved by default at the top of the History), you can undo all your edits with a single click.

Re-save this image, then reapply all your edits by clicking on the final history state, and save the edited file with a new name".

I didn't know I could click on the color image at the top of the History box and have it revert to that point. I tried it today and it works.

Hope this helps someone else too.

I didn't know this either! I've accidentally saved something without any layers several times where going in a editing individual items is impossible. SO NICE TO KNOW! Thanks!

Oh it's handy all right, unless you accidentally click it and wipe out all your work! This is why the Undo History palette does not sit in my Palette Bin. LOL You can place it under or over your Layers Palette by clicking Window>Undo History>More>Place in Palette Bin when closed.

Now, be careful out there!

Archived