Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjc

What Dvd Burning Software Do You Recommend

13 posts in this topic

got a new computer this week and it didnt come with any programs for burning but i do have a lightscribe dvd burner ( very cool...i have one in my LT and have done a few special dvds...like dd wedding slide show

what programs do you use to burn and recommend?

it is a vista machine

thanks

Bobbie, I'm so glad you asked this question. I'll be waiting for an answer too. My LT has the ability to burn but the included software isn't as useful as I would like.

Mom says she can't play the DVD on her TV. Suggestions anyone?

I don't use anything other than Windows.

pat,

i guess i didnt know how to do that and always used a program..i have vista...can you tell me how to do burning thru the windows vista? and then can i do the lightscribing on it? thanks for any info if you know

Hi Bobbie,

I have to admit that I haven't ever used the Lightscribe (I think my burner has it.) But anyway, when you put your DVD into the drive, a window should pop up that asks what you want to do with that DVD (or CD.) One of the options is to burn files to it. Even if that window doesn't come up, after the blank DVD is in, right click on the Start emblem and choose Explore, and click on the DVD drive. Then open a second Explore and navigate to where your files are and then just drag and drop. Usually, there will be some preliminary stuff that the DVD has to do but that probably will only take couple of minutes.

HTH

Hi Bobbie,

I have to admit that I haven't ever used the Lightscribe (I think my burner has it.) But anyway, when you put your DVD into the drive, a window should pop up that asks what you want to do with that DVD (or CD.) One of the options is to burn files to it. Even if that window doesn't come up, after the blank DVD is in, right click on the Start emblem and choose Explore, and click on the DVD drive. Then open a second Explore and navigate to where your files are and then just drag and drop. Usually, there will be some preliminary stuff that the DVD has to do but that probably will only take couple of minutes.

HTH

thanks pat

Roxio DVD builder or sonic record now software. I found that it was easier to create the dvd with roxio and then make a copy with recordnow if you want to have music. otherwise, without music the recordnow seemed to play in all dvd players.

Bobbie, I'm so glad you asked this question. I'll be waiting for an answer too. My LT has the ability to burn but the included software isn't as useful as I would like.

Mom says she can't play the DVD on her TV. Suggestions anyone?

To be able to play it on TV, you have to use the DVD-R - not sure why, but that's the format that is compatible with DVD players. You can go to a web site like softwareoutlet.com and purchase an OEM version of Nero or Roxio for quite cheap and it should do all that you want it to.

I always used the OEM Nero, but just got a new PC that came with Roxio and I like the Roxio much better.

GOOD LUCK!

Robin

I use Roxio Easy Media Creator - burns data, audio, photo, video to CD or DVD. I've never had any problems and its user friendly.

For movies I use Studio by Pinnacle. I have version 10 now; I upgraded because of Vista. I have used Pinnacle for several years, and really like it. It has a bit of a learning curve, just like PSE and others, but I find it pretty user friendly. For slide shows, I usually make them in PSE. The only problems I ever had with DVD's was when I was using paper labels on them. I don't understand why, but the labels sometimes prevent the DVD's from playing properly on the DVD player. I finally recopied all mine on Lightscribe discs.

At the time I got my laptop, I had to choose between Blu-ray ROM or LightScribe (which I had on my desktop - now my *sisters* desktop). I chose the Blu-ray. However, my printer (Epson R1800) will print on "Inkjet Printable" CDs and DVDs, so that's what I use to label now that I don't have LightScribe, because I don't really like the stick-on labels, which can come loose and as some have mentioned cause problems in reading on certain drives.

I just use the CyberLink OEM CD/DVD burning software that came with the PC build, which has come in handy as I have occasion to D/L "images" (ISO files) of software to burn. CyberLink also enables printing on the CD/DVD on my printer, and I think if I had LightScribe, I'd be able to do it from there too.

HTH!

I have a DVD burner in my desktop that I've never used!! Mine came with Nero software. I'm not sure what is on my laptop...probably Roxio.