I Just Got Photoshop Cs4 For $299!

scrappinang

I just ordered Photoshop CS4! I got it for $299 plus tax and express shipping which totaled about $335.

If you have PSE 4, 5, 6 or 7 for Windows or 4, 5, or 6 for Mac, you can upgrade too! Photoshop CS4 upgrade from PSE.

This is such a great deal that I couldn't pass it up! I thought I'd share so anyone who was thinking about upgrading can do it for about 1/2 price! But hurry! The offer ends November 30th! You are probably thinking that there is some catch...the only catch is that you need your PSE serial number so they can verify that you own a version that qualifies for the promotion. You can find it under the Help heading under System Info.

The link takes you to the Adobe website for the promotion where you can choose download or ship to you. You can also call 1-800-585-0774 and give them the promo code: PSEPSHOP50US.

I have read a lot of posts about people wanting to upgrade and this might just be a perfect time to get that early Christmas present from your DH/SO!

Wow! That's great. Before you could only upgrade from CS4 for that price if you had a Wacom Tablet but now it seems that has changed?!?!

I've been procrastinating ordering it because there seem to be some issues if your computer doesn't have a video card compatible with CS4.

I downloaded the trial version of CS4 and there are certain things I cannot do with CS4 because my computer is too old (2005) and does not have the

new video cards BUT it will perform 95% of the other things. The things I could not do were rotate/flip and a few other things.

CS4 is rather intimidating......if you buy it you'll surely need to purchase Ro's Secrets for it when it comes out and/or book(s)!!!! Seriously!!!

Let me know how you like CS4 please!!!!

It may have been a bargain, but I'm still waiting. The web site and customer service say it's still going to be delivered on Monday, but my debit card still hasn't been charged and Adobe doesn't have a tracking number for me. I wanted to get the program physically in my hand, but I'm starting to think that I should have gone for the download instead....I guess I should live by the standard that "good things come to those who wait"....

Linda....CS2 or CS3 are very difficult to find. Sometimes CS3 is on e-bay but just be careful ..... and the prices aren't really discounted.

I have checked on Amazon.com for CS3 ... again, not really discounted.

I'm thinking of just getting CS4 at $299 and holding on to it until I get a new computer (?)....sounds crazy but the deal is just hard to resist.

According to the original info I received via email, TODAY is the LAST day to get this deal for PSE users!

Debbie, if you are like me, you must be finding it really hard to contain yourself. I wanted to do cartwheels down the hallway when I ordered mine! Congrats on your new purchase! I'm worried about the learning curve also, but knowing that there are ScrapGirls with knowledge, a willingness to answer questions, and other people here who will be learning at the same time, makes the learning process less stressful.

It's in my "Cart" but I've yet to hit "check out now".........I've got 8 hrs & 45 minutes to make my decision!

I am trying to make my decision this evening, too. I have read two reviews that are both positive.

Photography Blog and PC World

I downloaded the trial version and tried it out. I did NOT need my reading glasses!!!!! I normally use PSE 6 and can not read the menus without my reading glasses. Oh, what a joy this will be. The type is black on a nice beige, with plenty of contrast.

Hopes this helps anyone conisdering a purchase. I am off to hit the "BUY" Button.

Sandy

i bought the upgrade and i have a new super fast etc computer so it should be ok ....i just dont have time to put it on my computer or to figure it out....so i just look at the box...its on my desk....LOL.....

Thanks, Julie and Bobbie.

I was very proficient at PhotoShop 6.0 before I moved to PS Elements 6. From the trial version of PS CS4, it looks very simular to PS 6.

We can figure it out together. If there is not a forum for PS CS4 questions, then we shall start one.

I am so excited, I can see, I can see, I can see, the menus!!! Hurray, Hurray, Hurray.

Total cost with shipping was $ 316.94 shipping free to US. Tax was 17.94.

just wanted to pass this along....i got an upgrade to cs4 and upgrade to lightroon 2 all for 256.03 includes tax and shipping...it is a deal thru napp ( national association of photoshop professionals) and adobe.... may be of interest to some of you.....i thought the prices were so great so i had to upgrade....lol...i have loaded lightroom on but am still afraid to switch to cs 4...may wait awhile so i can do some scrapping with what i know

• 1 month later...

Just in case anyone's still interested, the link at the top of this thread still works. I, too, just got CS4 for $299! Yippee! And I didn't even have to give them my serial number for PSE5. Now, that might have been because I chose the download option, and I, also, bought PSE5 as a download. They might not have required my serial number because they already recorded in my account that I bought PSE5. I don't know. But thought y'all might want to know that the $299 price is still good!

That's awesome, Joann! Sounds like your DH is a keeper, too! I missed hearing about it, because I was so busy over Christmas and not on the board. :( But it was good busy-ness. Feel free to share any tips about CS4. ;) I could sure use 'em!

That is so awesome! Congrats!

When you get the program, to "unlock" installation you will then have to enter your serial # of your PSE progam. I'm still struggling with learning the basics but it's well worth every penny! It's so much faster than the PSE programs! I love love LOVE it!

Can't wait to hear about your experiences!

I am hoping to upgrade my suite in the new few months, I currently have CS3. Anyone want to share the highlights that they have found better with CS4 compared to CS3 or CS2? I haven't had a chance to read up on it yet, too tempting when you can't actually buy it then! ;)

I am hoping to upgrade my suite in the new few months, I currently have CS3. Anyone want to share the highlights that they have found better with CS4 compared to CS3 or CS2? I haven't had a chance to read up on it yet, too tempting when you can't actually buy it then! ;)

I did the upgrade from CS3 to CS4, even though I swore I wouldn't, sometimes I think upgrades are a waste of money, but some of the new features I was drawn to and than I got a deal too good to pass up ($169 with NAPP discount). And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new version. Camera Raw had an adjustment brush, so if you only need to tweak part of your picture, it's very simple.

The adjustment panel - all adjustment layers are right there, so it is so very easy to adjust and tweak photos, you will use adjustment layers that you might "forget" about in CS3. I also like the tabbed viewing for working on multiple images. There is a new vibrance adjustment layer that is great for getting a little extra pop in your picture without oversaturating skin tones. It is also great for muting colors, really good results.

I love the looks and feel of it - the dodge and burn tools work better on skin tones - there is a button for arranging your opened images that I use a lot - pretty much that's it :disappearing-smilie:

Probably the computer you have would make a difference - I have a new Dell that is quad-core 2.6 with 4 mb of memory and a compatible video card. So it runs beatifully on my new PC. At first I was getting out of memory errors, but since I have two hard drives, I was able to set a second scratch disk and I think that was what it needed.

You can go to Adobe's website and view videos on some of the new features. Watch the one on the mask panel, that was the selling point for me :breakdance:

But I truly think this version is "it" and cannot see any improvements that could be made that would lure me to the next upgrade :yippee:

Maybe....

Robin

One of the things that I read about that I like, is that you can see the brush on screen as it changes sizes. It's a small thing, but sometimes small things make a big difference. Of course, I have PSE right now, but one can always hope, right? ;)

Archived