Maxtor One Touch

I've had a lot of issues with my 250 gig desktop - it's been full for months! That being the main issue, lol. Burning things off was a very slow and painstaking task to say the least. I then got a 250 gig laptop. I love my laptop, but you see, I love taking photos and to be honest, well, it didn't take long for me to fill it up with tons of photos. Well, then you see, my laptop, it decided to go crazy and refuse to allow me to use the touch pad. Big problem! To resolve the issue with my laptop, I was told (note that this laptop is under warranty and was less than 30 days old when this began happening) by the service department to buy a USB mouse to use with the laptop. Therefore, issue went unresolved. Well, still arguing that one out with the company who has finally agreed to fix the laptop as it seems the fan inside isn't working properly as well. Anyhow, I attempted to begin the long painstaking process of burning all my photos and files off of the laptop so that it could be sent in to be serviced and hopefully fixed correctly. Ha! If only it were truly that simple! New issue with the laptop... it refuses to burn any discs. I was nearly in tears when my ex called and asked how the burning process was going as he is going to go drop off the laptop to be shipped for me. I tell him how it isn't allowing me to burn anything off and how I am going to lose all of my photos and how I don't want to lose my photos. Photos are irreplaceable after all. Well, seems my ex agrees with me as he is waiting on copies of the photos of the kids I've taken as well as some videos of their school programs. He knows all too well my love of photos and all about me taking tons of them. He buys me a 500 gig Maxtor One Touch External hard drive! I'm all excited and of course I thank him and he leaves and I call him confused and go to plug it in to the laptop thinking it will be a long lengthy process for sure and I may need some further instructions, lol. We are talking on the phone as it begins copying everything from the laptop to the external hard drive, 20 minutes later we are still talking on the phone when a little box pops up and pretty much says Wallah! All done! Wow, that was short and sweet! 240 gigs copied in a matter of 20 minutes! I checked to ensure all of my files are there and they are there, down to every last byte. :D I couldn't be happier! Well, wait, I take that back! I will be much happier later on this evening when I do the same thing with the desktop! It can't be any harder than it was to do with the laptop, :).

Archived