Download Question

LisaL

ok...I ended up with some .rar files which I downloaded SuperNRZ to be able to open them. I did this on my desktop previously with no problems and the only difference that I know of is my laptop has Office 2003 and my desktop has 2000 (I think). So now for my problem...since I did this all of my downloads are coming in as superzip files instead of regular zip files. I think the files are coming in as PNGI file instead of as a JPEG. I just saw a thread over the difference in them and I will go read it now. But has anyone else experienced this and is it something that is going to bite me? I got scared and deleted the other program but it didn't change anything.

think the fact that your zip files lookin like superzip is because that program changed a setting.

shoot, i was goig to tell you how to fix it, but vista has changed. If you have xp, i dont remember exacts but yo right click over the ZIP file and choose open with. Then a window comes up and you should see something like "windows xtractor or something'... that doesnt sound like much help. You could uninstall superzip and it should revert the preferences. If you get rar files, my best suggestion is to get a progra called winzip. (i see that you deleted the program,did you do unistall? if you did, try getting winzip and see if that program will adjust it all.)

I dont know about your image files. I have never hear of them!

ok...I ended up with some .rar files which I downloaded SuperNRZ to be able to open them. I did this on my desktop previously with no problems and the only difference that I know of is my laptop has Office 2003 and my desktop has 2000 (I think). So now for my problem...since I did this all of my downloads are coming in as superzip files instead of regular zip files. I think the files are coming in as PNGI file instead of as a JPEG. I just saw a thread over the difference in them and I will go read it now. But has anyone else experienced this and is it something that is going to bite me? I got scared and deleted the other program but it didn't change anything.

When you install a zip program

all zip files formats are associated with the new program

by default many times.

That changes the icon associated with your zip files.

You then can open your zip file with left click and

your computer know what program to use.

None of your graphics formats should change.

Png is used for scrap stuff since it supports transparent backgrounds

and is a better quality then .gif for graphics.

Jpg doesnot support transparent backrounds

so it only works for scrap papers.

You can also just right click and choose open with

but you need to choose what zip program to use

each time.

Archived