Printing Cards

newscrapper64

I finally made a couple of cards, bought prefolded cardstock kit in the right size and was all excited to print them. Well I don't know if it's my printer or me, but they won't print right. I made them in Photoshop CS2 to the correct size, went to Print with Preview, put the right sized paper in and the printer cuts off some of the edges so it doesn't look balanced. My printer will print borderless photos so I just don't understand. Can anyone help me? I'm ready to kick my printer . Thanks, Laura

I have a Canon photo printer which prints borderless and have the same problem. I've learned that if I have borders or elements near the edges of the pages to move them inward just a bit to allow for any edges which may not be printed. It's a small problem to contend with for being able to print borderless. HTH

:oops: I posted this in the wrong spot so it is on the board twice!

I was having trouble printing cards on pre-cut card stock.

I just received an e-mail from Red River paper company - www.redrivercatalog.com/ . They have a very helpful web site and give instructions on exactly how to print on pre-cut (ie 5 x 7) and have it align correctly. They cover different printers as well as PhotoShop and PSE. They have a cost estimator, envelopes as well as paper.

They say you can still order and receive in time to print and mail Christmas Cards. They also have paper single sided, double sided in various sizes.

I haven't ordered from them yet but I'm thinking of ordering some cards and envelopes. They also have red and green envelopes.

Archived