December Layout Contest

PBarnes

We want to see your trees! For the December Layout Contest, we want you to scrap layouts featuring trees! You can scrap a tree full of leaves or a bare tree, or a tree in any season (Christmas trees too!) Maybe you have a tree with a very interesting shape; Let’s scrap it! To be eligible for a chance to win a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique, create a layout featuring a tree and post it in the December Layout Contest Gallery before December 31st at midnight. Good Luck!

Be sure to include credits for products used in your layout in the Description area or under the Details tab.

I absolutely love trees so I have tons of tree photos. And then there's the Christmas trees. Love them too and, gee whiz, there's two of them in my house right now. I think somehow I could manage to whip up a LO or sixteen on this subject. Hehe.

Easy there Steph. I had to laugh at your enthusiasm because it was pretty much how I reacted when I first read pat's post this morning. I started my Christmas tree LO this morning and was just looking through my tree pictures and I could easily do 5 or 6 if I get the time, which I won't. Still working on my Nov. mid month LO. Then I got sidetracked by the Monday challenge.

Wow, Pat what a great contest. I just love trees. And now that my new computer is on its way, I'll be able to get back to scrapping. Haven't been able to do it for almost two months and I'm so far behind. I have so many autumn leaves photos that by the time I'm done with those, it will be the new year and then I'll have to start with my Thanksgiving and then Christmas layouts. Busy, busy, busy.

I will definitely be joining in on this and probably do more than one layout.

Thanks for the great contest.

:xmastree:

Well, as I said with my first one, I love trees! I'm just like Sandi.

I decided to enter another LO I did earlier. This one was done for a challenge to create a LO with simple, clean style with no visual clutter. It ended up being one of my favorites--maybe because I'm not used to creating with so much blank space, and I could see that it was a cool technique. Besides, I just like this tree!

I fell in love with this view on the way back from my mailbox this summer (over a 1/4 mile walk). The tall, lone cedar casting that big shadow in the middle of the field just ‘spoke to me’. He's an East Tennessee Cedar (farmers call them scrub cedars here because they pop up everywhere), He's been out there alone for a long time now, had part of himself sheered off by lightening, and still lives on.

Getting so involved with Photoshop and scrapbooking (more than my yearly reunion pages) has reminded me to ‘see’ pictures everywhere--like the years after I got my good 35mm camera back in the mid-to-late-70’s. I used to head out in my car looking for photo opportunities all the time. And I was so adventurous back then, too—heading up to the mountains in the Pantera (my ‘race car’) on snowy days, trekking down unknown country roads to find neat scenes—never feeling afraid of being in the middle of nowhere in a car that was definitely NOT made for rural roads. Where did that girl go???? And I need to find those old slides . . .

Oh...MAN! I just realized I posted mine in the wrong gallery!! It is in the mid-Dec gallery instead! Can I move it? Do I need to repost it? Can it be considered for the right challenge in the wrong gallery? I am such a dork!!!

Archived