Placenames

Guest Jadedolphin

2 hours ago, MariJ said:

Interesting, a Jerusalem.  I've been to the one in Israel, such an ancient place.  

KeriKeri 

Near an airport, looks kind of North East?   But I liked it's name!

Kerikeri is gorgeous small town  in the Bay Of Island near where my BIL lives

Lake Pupuke. Its a crater lake not far from my home.

Had to Google this as well it's another small place near the bottom of the south island

.Napier..

....this is the Art Deco capital and every February they have an Art Deco week and everyone dresses up.  My friend lives there so going to visit this Feb ?

I'm off to get some :sleeping: as have to be at the hospital at 8am in the morning so have a great Thanksgiving and I'll  be back in a day or to. 

8 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Had to Google this as well it's another small place near the bottom of the south island

.Napier..

....this is the Art Deco capital and every February they have an Art Deco week and everyone dresses up.  My friend lives there so going to visit this Feb ?

I'm off to get some :sleeping: as have to be at the hospital at 8am in the morning so have a great Thanksgiving and I'll  be back in a day or to. 

Oh very cool!  I got involved this morning so never came to play until now!  But, I do have TWO pumpkin pies in the oven, one plain and one pumpkin-cheese.   Jody always laughed that we have sweet pumpkin pie here, she only had savory. 
Thinking of you right now - you might even be in surgery.   I'm sending positive and healing thoughts to you and my foot is too to yours. :)     Take care, my friend.... xo

Oxford

18 minutes ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Oh this is where Ngaire lives....such a gorgeous area.

Piha. ....about 45mins drive from me on west coast. Great surf beach. I don't know if you have the tv programs 'Piha Rescue' on your tv but filmed here.

I thought so when I wrote it but wasn't sure!
No, never heard of Piha Rescue but I will look it up.

Well..... 

Queenstown appears to be it for NZ "Q's"

6 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

This is a fabulous area.We stayed in Akaroa a few years ago and visited this bay.

Mount Eden......Auckland stands on about 48 volcanoes although extinct this is one of them :) 

Hi Jane!  So good to see you here, I have been thinking about you so much and I hope all went well.   
Such interesting info, thatnks for it, I am learning a lot!

Narrow Neck

Hello girls, you sure have been touring around while Ive been away!!:D Even called into Oxford!!!

Picton

This is at the top of the South Island and is a very beautiful place by the sea surrounded by lots of inlets. Its where the Ferry goes to from Wellington.

9 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Was just thinking the same

I googled places in NJ and came up with this

Turkey Point Corner......I don't  think there would be any left now after Thanksgiving though ?

Heehee, can't say I've ever heard of this, Jan and NJ is pretty small area-wise!  I looked it up and it's way down South where NJ actually has a West Coast on the Delaware River!  It's in a marshy area and I see it has some wonderful birding and wildlife trails.   Thanks for the education!
We actually have some wild Turkeys walking around here and it's an urban area!  Come to think of it, I haven't seen any lately, but those turkeys look too mean to eat! :D

Well, since we're in NJ at the moment I can't resist saying my hometown

West Orange

15 hours ago, MariJ said:

:rofl:  Yes, Bradley Beach is pretty!  I love our 'shore'.   Insider tip: in NJ we don't go to the beach we go "down the shore".   :D

Carteret

good tip Marilyn...I think I would get strange looks if I said that here ****** I live on the North Shore of Auckland & thats what people would think I was talking about :)  I'll remember it for when I visit you one day :) 

Dunellen......I found this funny being in Middlesex as I used to live in the county of Middlesex when I was doing my nursing training in the UK :) 

8 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

good tip Marilyn...I think I would get strange looks if I said that here ****** I live on the North Shore of Auckland & thats what people would think I was talking about :)  I'll remember it for when I visit you one day :) 

Dunellen......I found this funny being in Middlesex as I used to live in the county of Middlesex when I was doing my nursing training in the UK :) 

Hee hee, they will think you're a native and I am ready and waiting for you!    Dunellen is funny, it's in the county of Middlesex, which actually IS in the middle of NJ.  I live in Essex County.

Essex Fells 

is not far from me!

1 hour ago, MariJ said:

Hee hee, they will think you're a native and I am ready and waiting for you!    Dunellen is funny, it's in the county of Middlesex, which actually IS in the middle of NJ.  I live in Essex County.

Essex Fells 

is not far from me!

Must have been a lot of Brits settling around your area as there is the county of Essex in the UK as well :) 

Frankford....just noticed its in Sussex County and Sussex is another county in the UK near where I lived :) 

5 hours ago, Jane in N.Z said:

Must have been a lot of Brits settling around your area as there is the county of Essex in the UK as well :) 

Frankford....just noticed its in Sussex County and Sussex is another county in the UK near where I lived :) 

Oh that's so cool!   The few blocks of houses where I live is called the "Old English" part of town, with streets named:  Westminster, Nottingham, Buckingham, Manchester, etc etc!  Of course we DID come from you!
New Jersey is one of the original 13 colonies so there are lots of areas where the civil war with England was fought.  And, a lot of "George Washington slept here's" around - especially in Morris County.

Gilette