Surge Protector Went Kaput

So we had an electrical storm a few weeks ago and I woke up to find the surger not working anymore. But...all the electronics that were plugged into it are fine. Does this mean that the surger actually worked and protected everything. Did it die to save the lives of many??? Just wondering...

Are you talking about your surge protector or a serger as in a kind of sewing machine (of sorts). If it's the former...YIPPEE! I think it did it's job. If it's the latter...waaaaaaaah. sorry.

Either way, RIP!

Debbie

Yes it did! What I would recommend now Kimmy is you get a battery backup similiar to Cyber Power. You can get it at Staples. Its a battery backup and surger in one and when you are not there to turn off the computer in times of storm it will go to battery backup and then turn off the computer for you along with anything plugged into the surger part of it. One side is surge protection, the other side is normal plugs and its wonderful! I got mine for Christmas 3 years ago from my parents.

Vaughnde, thank you so much! You know, I think I have 2 of those (got them when I bought my Mac a few months ago). The one is in my upstairs office in use with my Mac. The other is sitting in its original packaging just waiting to be put into "service."

Yes, yes, yes! I think we should hold a memorial/service if it means I get casseroles delivered to my house!!!!!

I have some left over enchiladas in the fridge... will that do? ;)

Every time I see this thread I do a double take. If my serger went out right now, I think I'd cry. No, maybe I'd be happy. Then I could dump those choir dresses I should be hemming right now into someone else's lap. ;)

But I'd be sad if I had to buy a new one since they're about as pricey as a laptop.

Glad to know it is just your surge protector. :)

Yup, you got it, once that surge light goes out.. thats it. They have one trip in them that prevents the surge.

Id still suggest a surge proector even if you have a one of those battery backups. Because a surge is a flush of power coming through.. you dont want to have a surge go into your batter backup and kill it! :)

Angela

Archived