1 reply to this topic

#1 naninca

naninca

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:15 PM

Like everyone else, I have tons of old photos to scan. I've kept all the negatives.
Am I better off scanning the photos, or buying a negative scanner? Costco has the Wolverine model on sale for $99.99 for another week or so. It scans negatives straight to an SD card, no computer needed.

Anyone tried one, or know anything about it? I kind of like the idea of not using the computer to scan - but only if this makes sense.

Nancy

#2 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,868 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:15 PM

I haven't tried this particular scanner. I would look up some reviews on the particular model. I use a Nikon slide/negative scanner. I do both- scanning the negatives and the prints. If all your prints are glossy and clean, you can usually get a good scan from them. If they have a matte finish, the negative scanner will definitely do a better job- simply because of the texture of the paper. I have some negatives that were scratched by a processor who was doing reprints several years later. I can get the best scans off my prints because they are glossy. So, it really depends.
That probably wasn't the definitive answer you were looking for, but that is what I do.
Good luck!

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users