Updated Product Tou To Include Household Computer Usage Term Provision

ScrapGirlsRo

At the request of some of our team members, we have carefully considered allowing multi-person use of the consumer licenses per household computer.

*Household Computer Consumer License Usage Terms: Consumer product may be used by individuals living in same household working on the licensee's desktop or laptop, provided the licensee is the owner of both computers and provided that the files are not used on both computers at the same time. Use on computers not owned by the licensee require a separate purchases.

Examples:

Your daughter is working on your computer. She may use the files.

Your daughter has her own computer and wishes to use the files. Your daughter needs her own licenses for the use on her computer.

Your sister (who lives in a different household) wishes to scrapbook. Your sister may not use your files. She must purchase her own licenses.

Commercial Computer Use License: You may not share the files with anyone for commercial use even if they are using your computer. If your daughter wishes to design commercially, she needs her own licenses irregardless of which computer she is using. If she wishes to use them in a consumer-use manner, the Household Computer Consumer License Usage Terms apply.

You can read the updated terms here:

http://www.scrapgirls.com/Terms_Conditions.htm

http://www.scrapgirls.com/commercial_licenses.htm

Oh, awesome!!!

I was wondering how that would work, especially with some recent layouts by daughters.

My 6 year old boys are going to like knowing this at some point!

I plan to make them scrapbook experts. lol Well, only if they're interested.

I thank you so much for this. this makes good sense and sure makes it better for our family with our three computers and 3 scrappers and we share everything else in this crazy house of ours. Never a dull moment. Seems like there are a lot of junior scrappers coming up in the ranks as well. None of us wants to violate TOU so this really does help.

Thank you so much!!!

I know that you are very busy right now and for you to take the time to do this for us is just another example of the awesome customer service here at Scrapgirls.

My 9 yr old SON thanks you too, he has been begging me to teach him how to use photoshop.

I agree with everyone. Thanks Ro and V - it didn't even occur to me the other day when my dd posted a LO for the first time. I am so sorry!! And embarrassed! But this definitely clears it all up so it won't be a problem!

Thank you so much - this is very generous. Like Sandi said, we all want to make sure we follow the rules.

Thank you Ro for this well written and easy to understand usage ! I think its awesome when the rules are straightforward and easy to understand !! Thanks for putting so much time and effort into making SG's the place it is !!!!!

• 10 months later...

Thanks, Ro for this update - fortunately, for me, no one else in my house wants to do a layout! So it is ALL mine - no worries here - but is doing layouts for my grands and giving them the scrapbooks a violation of anything?

Sara, it says farther down in the product TOU that you may give your layouts as GIFTS. The specific wording under what is allowed says: "Creating a GIFT album to give to your mother for Christmas."

You can read the basic product TOU in the University here.

Hope this helps. :)

Archived