Please Help With Printing!

KarinaS

Ok, I'm finally ready to print my first "creation" - I created a 6"x4" document and now I want to print it on a 4X6 photo w/tab paper. When I go to print, and try to select the paper size, this is NOT one of my options. They are very basic options like envelope sizes and standard and European paper sizes. I have printed on this same printer using several different programs and have never had this happen. I can just open this file in another application and print it, but that just seems unnecessary, right?? Does anyone know what's up w/this?? TIA

If my paper size isn't showing up when I print, I usually need to go to "page setup" in Photoshop and set it the size there. Then go to the printer options and your size should show. That drove me nuts the first few times until I figured it out. If that doesn't work, you may need to download new print drivers.

Figured I'd post an update in case anyone reads this at a later date and has the same problem......

First of all, I was trying to print wirelessly from my laptop (w/vista) to my HP Photosmart 8450. I hooked up my laptop directly to my printer (had to load the software) and then I was able to see all my options (like I am used to!!!) and print it out on the paper I wanted.

The custom size was not an option before I did this.

Archived