Help In Opening Files In Thumbnail View

Guest alamodedesigns

Guest alamodedesigns
Help! I'm getting frustrated--every time I open a folder it always opens in details not thumbnail view. I think I have it fixed in XP but when I go to open the folder in PS I alway have to change to thumbnail view--it is time consuming everytime you want to view a file to open correct file when doing a layout. Surely, there is a place in PS to make thumbnails a default, but I can't seem to find it and today it is really frustrating me!

Also, Ro for some reason I have't been getting the newsletters and I miss them. Thought maybe you were really sick or something, but see newsletters listed for March in recent days.

Barb

Nope. Just sending them out 3x a week, as usual. You better check your email, your ISP and stuff. Maybe try signing up again as a text member.

Or maybe you are one of my million (okay exaggeration) of people that the emails bounce back because their box is too full???

I clean out the list after EVERY SINGLE send. If your ISP tells me that your email doesn't exist or that they won't allow that kind of email (like some kind of government agencies, educational institutes, etc.), I take you off of the list. I am so careful because I don't want to be blacklisted and listed as a spammer.

But if you go out to the site and try to sign up again and you get the message that you are on the list, you have a filtering or ISP problem and they aren't allowing the emails through to you.

It's a BIG pain and frustrates me to no end. Spammers do this to legitimate people like myself. Make it hard to operate.

Make SURE newsletters@scrapgirls.com is in your friends list. Go to that whitelisting document we have and get the tips for handling your ISP, if necessary.

The text email is really good, too, because text emails do get through a little better than HTMLs because they don't have graphics.

But if you don't get email from me, you know that something has gone wrong on your end because I am still here, firing them out.

------------
Now, I am not sure what you mean about opening a folder. Do you mean opening a file through File > Open to get the file? Then, yes, you do see a list of things and you won't see the thumbnails.

If you want to see thumbnails, you need to use File > Browse and then it will show you the thumbnails.

But want to know what is even faster? I do this now. Just make your Photoshop window small enough that you can have another Window up that you browse around to to find your supplies and pictures. Then use Windows drag and drop to drag them into Photoshop. Because you are using Windows file system, everything pops into view faster (and I am impatient) and it is a snap to pop them over into Photoshop.

Hope that helps.

Archived