Best Video Card For Cs3?

cyndisa

I always wonder whether I'm posting things in the right section! But I've been wanting to ask this, so I'm just going to throw it out there. :P

There's been quite a buzz about how CS4 won't completely work with a lot of video cards. I can't hope to upgrade to CS4, but I've been thinking about CS3. Does anyone know or have experience with what video card would work best with CS3? Did anyone experience video card problems with CS3, when it first came out? I have a very low end card, and would love to upgrade. But before I go looking, I'd love any input or advice that you ladies have to offer. :)

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure BUT I think that CS3 didn't have the "video card" issues.

I think CS4 does because of some new souped up features which if you ask me was kind of dumb of Adobe to make a product

that would need something to make it work completely that not everyone would have.

I think CS4 is geared to newer computers and/or computers with newer video/graphic cards.

My computer is 3 1/2 years old, therefore, CS4 will not work at its fullest potential.

I did purchase it (at $299) and altho' I haven't installed it yet I did try the download trial version and it worked for the most part except

for some rotate/flip/3d tools which didn't.

Did I make sense?

Yeah, Diane, you made sense! :) That's kind of what I thought, but I wanted to hear from someone who knows. I've just gotten a new video card, and it's not listed on the Adobe CS4 site (which could only mean that they haven't tested it for CS4), but it is one of the newer models. Some cards that are older and slower models (than what I just bought) are listed, so I'm hoping that CS4 might work with this one. What a dream if it did! After I get the card installed, I plan to download the trial and see how it runs. Now, coming up with the money to buy it is another story all together! :P

Thanks for your help, Diane!

CS3 doesn't have those video card issues. What CS4 does is uses the memory from the graphics card to speed up the program and well, make it look more like a video game when you're working. It isn't so cool if you don't have a compatible graphics card though. Mine started working noticeably better today for some reason after a little menu popped up. I'm still working with the 30 day trial. The program has been working just fine, just not all eye-candy deluxe. I have one of the listed graphics cards that has been tested, but only works part way. I think my other computer's card will work better, but I'm trying it out on this one first.

Archived