I Have To Ask....

A-dab-adu

I actually have PSE5,PSE6 & CS3... I was going to get rid of PSE5 but heard somewhere it has some functions that the others don't... anyone know? You know I had a glitch a while back when I was trying to get a file to open in cs3 so I opened pse6 (at the same time). They both were working but something weird happened & I had to shut down & reboot. Maybe that's why since I had them both open at the same time?

:tinkerbell:

Right now I have Photoshop7 (Bob likes it because it is really fast) CS2 and the trial version of CS4 on my computer. When I installed CS4 it wiped out my presets in CS2, but other than that it is fine. PSCS2 is an upgrade, and it won't install unless the previous version is on, so we have to save all the old disks too. (PS7 is an upgrade too and needs 5.5 to install) I'm getting the full suite for CS4 though. Just have to try Valerie's illustrator brushes.

Yeah I have PSE5 and 7 on my computer. Unfortunately the trial ran out on 7. I forgot about all the glitches 5 had with Vista while I was using 7 for the month. Got save up my pennies now ;)

Yes you can have more then 1 on your computer, I have PSE 5, 6 and 7 and PSECS3. You can not run any PSE versions at the same time..but you can run PSE and PS at the same time.

Angie, that is so interesting! What I found so "odd" about the PSE's is the fact that an earlier version will do a neat thing

that a later version has decided to do away with.

For example, I was working in PSE6 and I wanted to adjust my shadows and have it not use the "global light", which is just a box

I check in PSE4, so I can adjust the shadow on that element only well, it didn't have that option available to me in PSE6, so

in I went back to PSE4.

I guess this is something I'll be doing often, huh? Do you guys switch back and forth between the different versions for specific

things that you want done alot?

I do switch & I know others that do exactly the same thing you are referring to as well. Since I don't have many of the previous versions & haven't been digi scrapping that long I don't have many things that I go back & forth with but I do switch back & forth between cs3 & pse6 because some things are just way easier in pse. :)

:tinkerbell:

Archived