Scrapped Tray Art For Dds

I posted my scrapped TRAY INSERTS last night and here I am including photos of the finished trays with the links to the scrapped pages.

These were gifts to two of my four dd. [The other two received mugs with special inserts.]

Joy's Cute Little House

Renfro Tray

These labors of love were received with thanksgiving and appreciation. TFL

cool

how did you make the tray part?

I purchased the craft trays online early in December... I think I cleaned out their stock, but they are lightweight paintable wood.

DD's love them! Especially when I painted them their primary color in their home! (regular color was buff creme bland).

The trays fit 8.5 x 11 trimmed to 8.25 x 11.

They are wonderful, Barb! I am sure your dds will love using them. I've given these as gifts when I was one stroke painting, but the layouts look fabulous. What paper did you print the layouts on ... photo? matte? What did you use to seal them ... modge podge? matte?

They are wonderful, Barb! I am sure your dds will love using them. I've given these as gifts when I was one stroke painting, but the layouts look fabulous. What paper did you print the layouts on ... photo? matte? What did you use to seal them ... modge podge? matte?

My trays came with acrylic covers (not shown) to prevent glare. DH and I will go to Michaels framing today to get ideas how to seal the frame up. DH thinks they should be "removable". I think they should be permanent. If the dd wants to hang on the wall, instead of use them, I may not seal them.

I think you can get acrylic cut at any hardware store, but best bet would be your local (not chain) hardware store for good trained work.

Photos printed on matte paper, my fav. And they were LETTER SIZE, and so easy to do!

My trays came with acrylic covers (not shown) to prevent glare. DH and I will go to Michaels framing today to get ideas how to seal the frame up. DH thinks they should be "removable". I think they should be permanent. If the dd wants to hang on the wall, instead of use them, I may not seal them.

I think you can get acrylic cut at any hardware store, but best bet would be your local (not chain) hardware store for good trained work.

Photos printed on matte paper, my fav. And they were LETTER SIZE, and so easy to do!

Aha! Acrylic! Thanks, Barb! Let us know how you decide to seal them (if you go ahead with that plan).

Archived