7 replies to this topic

#1 toniott

toniott

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:45 PM

OK. I have made exactly ONE digital lo and I love it! But there are still alot of things I need to learn! I have bought so many sets and things but I have never tried using brushes. I saw in a magazine that there are brushes that you can use like a corner rounder in paper scrapbooking. Is there a corner rounder brush on SG and if so, how do I use it? Thanks so much for any help!

#2 Crueltyfre/Lori

Crueltyfre/Lori

I Made it! I'm a Top-Dog Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:57 AM

Here's some http://www.scrapgirl...set=40&tpir=157

I don't know what program you use so I'd recommend visiting the University http://www.scrapgirl...ersity_main.htm and reading the tutorials on brushes there for whatever program you use. They'll tell you how to use the brushes both to "put on" corners as well as "take off" areas.
Lori

#3 DDecker

DDecker

Live, Laugh, Love, Eat Chocolate!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,893 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a mom, wife, sister, friend and daughter not necessarily in that order.

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:43 AM

The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked. I didn't even realize that I had this question too, until I read your post.

Thanks,

Dee
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. reinhold niebuhr

#4 HisThao

HisThao

Mercy for Mommy! :)

• Design Team
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:55 AM

Is there a corner rounder brush on SG and if so, how do I use it?  Thanks so much for any help!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi toniott and Dee,
Here's a great product to make rounded (or decorative) corners: Ro's Digitial Fancy Corners 2 Brush Set. Once these brushes are loaded, you can either use them as a brush to ADD an image, or use them as an eraser to erase part of an image.

I used Ro's Brush Set to make this layout: Nathan=Gift of God I created this because I was also interested in making rounded corners and notches, like you mentioned.

If you've never used or installed brushes, there are easy-to-follow installation instructions in each Scrap Girls' Brush Sets. Also, as Lori suggested, The SG University is a great place to learn about brushes. They are really easy to use and install. Once you learn how to use brushes, you'll love their power and variety in use!

Have fun. I hope this helps!
THAO COSGROVE
Scrap Girls Design Team
Products | Layouts

Posted Image

#5 ScrappySue

ScrappySue

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:28 PM

Thanks guys, I would have driven myself crazy looking for some sort of crop tool in PSE (er, there isn't one is there??!!) for rounding corners. They always look so neat in LO's!!
**Sue**

Posted Image

#6 toniott

toniott

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:52 PM

Thanks so much! I will give a shot. I've seen some amazing lo's on this site and hopefully, once I get through some of the tutorials, I can make some too!

#7 Jomi

Jomi

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 02:35 AM

Have to check these out myself! I do it another way but I love the effect and the sorts of corners! Love your LO Thao!
Monique

Posted Image

#8 DDecker

DDecker

Live, Laugh, Love, Eat Chocolate!

• Members
  • 9,893 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a mom, wife, sister, friend and daughter not necessarily in that order.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:47 PM

I came across this tut in a group I belong to...(btw, Thanks Lori!) It is a great and oh so easy tut for getting rounded corners.

Enjoy

http://veredgf.fredf...dbox/index.html
Posted Image

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. reinhold niebuhr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users