Wacom Tablet

bikeneday

Sue, Wacom Bamboo Medium is the one that I got.

I did a little research like you're doing and I found for the price and considering I didn't know what to expect. I picked this one and I have

to say I love it :D :D

I had heard to make sure to get the tablet with a pen and a mouse. I'm glad I did, because DH uses this pc too and he just wouldn't have

the patience with the pen for surfing. I'm still learning and finding more perks! Happy shopping :D :D

I have a Bamboo Fun tablet. I really like it for doodling, extracting and other fine-motor activities (painting, burning/dodging, erasing around tiny parts of an image) -- and of course for handwriting. But, I don't use it for regular navigation around my computer -- still use a mouse for that.

I got the smallest one Sue, partly because of cost and partly because its the one that would fit best on my desktop. I'm sure the larger ones have their advantages, but this one works fine for me. To be honest, I use the mouse on it most of the time but use the pen for doing photo retouching and extractions. I need to practice more to do the doodling stuff.

My husband gave me the Bamboo Fun for my birthday (the smaller one) and I absolutely love it. When I have my laptop away from my desk (downstairs or at a crop) I use the pen for all of my navigating - I have found it as easy to use or easier than my mouse. It just slips into a pocket in my laptop case and it goes wherever the laptop goes.

I customized a couple of the buttons (one for Undo and the other for Ctrl+d (deselect)) and it's been absolutely great. I love using the zoom wheel and the pen to make really close edits or brush strokes when working on my photos - don't know what I'd do without it!

I think it would be a little easier to do my handwriting if I had gotten the larger one - with the size of my hand it wasn't as easy as I thought to duplicate my handwriting on my layouts, but that's the only reason I wish I had gotten the larger size.

Ok, you all inspired me. I've been thinking about this for a long time and so I ordered one last night. I got the Bamboo Medium - the silver one. That seemed to me to be a reasonable place to start. Thanks Eden for the endorsement. That really helped me make up my mind.

So now I've got a new laptop, upgraded to CS3, got a new camera, and now a tablet. My next two big purchases are going to be a high resolution scanner so i can scan film and slides, and then a really nice printer. Those are my 2009 plans anyway. I think then I'll be in digiscrappers heaven. I also need a good flash for my camera, a new tripod, and a good camera/laptop backpack. Who says digiscrapping costs less than paper? LOL.

I have the Bamboo Fun and use it all the time instead of the mouse. Ironically, I haven't used it for the things it's especially good for like handwriting, extracting, pressure sensitive brushes, etc, so I really need to spend more time working on those things. It's great for traveling, too as it pack's more easily than a mouse.

I customized a couple of the buttons (one for Undo and the other for Ctrl+d (deselect)) and it's been absolutely great. I love using the zoom wheel and the pen to make really close edits or brush strokes when working on my photos - don't know what I'd do without it!

Great Tip - set mine up the same way now -

Thanks!

Robin

I ordered mine a few days ago and got the email that it shipped and is scheduled for delivery on the 12th. I'm so excited. I am certain that when I get it I'll be here asking for help from all of you here that already have them and know how to use them.

Mine is spose to be delivered the same day, Sandi. That is too funny. I keep hoping it will come early, I would love to try it on the homework for the classes I am taking. I'm so glad that DH and I decided to not get Christmas presents this year since we both knew something would pop right up after the first of the year. It always does. So I got the tablet and DH is still waiting for his 'idea'. Maybe I'll just convert his budget into SG $$$!!

Sue, we'll have to unpack and set ours up together. I can hardly wait, and like you, I'm hoping they deliver early. My DIL will kill me when she finds out I got this. She's been wanting one for ever. I may just have to share.......

I have the Bamboo Fun Medium size and just love it. I was determined to learn how to use it and so I hid the mouse from myself. I stumbled around the computer for a week or so, but got so comfortable with it that a mouse feels clumsy. Enjoy yours.

Oh you gals are sooooo dangerous! lol Now I have to look into this because it sounds so intriguing! I can see where you would have more control over cleaning up extractions etc.

I may be the next go for it gal

:giggle_bear:

Ok, you all inspired me. I've been thinking about this for a long time and so I ordered one last night. I got the Bamboo Medium - the silver one. That seemed to me to be a reasonable place to start. Thanks Eden for the endorsement. That really helped me make up my mind.

So now I've got a new laptop, upgraded to CS3, got a new camera, and now a tablet. My next two big purchases are going to be a high resolution scanner so i can scan film and slides, and then a really nice printer. Those are my 2009 plans anyway. I think then I'll be in digiscrappers heaven. I also need a good flash for my camera, a new tripod, and a good camera/laptop backpack. Who says digiscrapping costs less than paper? LOL.

Sandi - it looks like you just have it all! lol Of course, that is only true until something new comes along. Yeah - whoever said digiscrapping costs less? They obviously aren't approaching it with the right attitude! :giggle_bear:

I did a little research like you're doing and I found for the price and considering I didn't know what to expect. I picked this one and I have

I had heard to make sure to get the tablet with a pen and a mouse. I'm glad I did, because DH uses this pc too and he just wouldn't have

the patience with the pen for surfing. I'm still learning and finding more perks! Happy shopping :D :D

Do you think the medium is too large/heavy to carry with the laptop?

Margot, that really depends on your definition of large!!! LOL! Here's a quick pic I just took and you can see it on my desktop and

decide for yourself.

Margot, that really depends on your definition of large!!! LOL! Here's a quick pic I just took and you can see it on my desktop and

decide for yourself.

Thanks for the pic. I'm still undecided, but the medium almost looks too big to carry with the laptop. I think I'm leaning to the small one and Amazon has it for $67. right now. I'm one to always second guess myself so I hope I'm going for the right one.

decide for yourself.

Thanks for the pic. I'm still undecided, but the medium almost looks too big to carry with the laptop. I think I'm leaning to the small one and Amazon has it for $67. right now. I'm one to always second guess myself so I hope I'm going for the right one.

:oops: that was wishful thinking on the price! It's $90. for the small and 173. for the medium

I have the medium and the tablet is really light. It is smaller than my 15 inch laptop. The photo is my laptop with my medium bamboo on top. I slip it in the same pocket as my laptop and separate them with a mousepad (The only reason I keep a mousepad around anymore, :D)

It's HERE!!!! Two for one - my tablet and the picture of the day. :dancingelephant: Now if I can just figure it out!

Sue, which one did you get? I keep going back and forth on which one to buy. Your tablet came early didn't it?

Keep us posted on how things go with your new toy.

Yay Sue! i can't wait to hear how it goes. I just checked the tracking on mine. It left San Pablo CA last pm and is in route. That means I really won't get mine until Monday. I'm trying to be patient though. In a way its good you got yours earlier so I can learn all about from you first. LOL

been reading all these posts. I have a bamboo fun tablet. Have had it for a year and not used it once. Just didn't want to take the time. But you gals have inspired me. Hopefully all of you will post your tips and encouragement for us.

I love these boards. Just makes a girl want to jump in and try new things.

:dancingelephant:

OK, I have it installed and have gone through the tutorial. I am trying to use it whenever I can. I can see a million capabilities, but it is going to take some practice. Now do I remember someone mentioning that there is a class that teaches you how to use the tablet????? :conversation: I would be very interested. My dh wasn't all that impressed, but our techie friend loved it.

I just ordered the wacom with the pen only. I figured didn't need to pay $30. more to get software which I have and a wireless mouse which I have. Hopefully it was a good choice. I did want the blue one but how much is color worth?

Mine is scheduled for the 20th so I'm anxious to see how yours goes! Have fun playing!

Archived