The Song Of Ice And Fire

sthrnbelle05

I don't know if any of you are into fantasy, but this series has to be one of my absolute favorites. I found out that HBO will be making this into a tv series. I'm not too excited about it, since they took another one of my favorite series, Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse books, and twisted it into True Blood. Do you guys read the Song of Ice and Fire books, and how do you like it when tv and movies remake your favorite books?

I'm just linktastic.

Bethany

I LOVE the Song of Fire and Ice. I just wish he would hurry up and get the next book in the series finished already!

I had heard they were going to make it into a series, and I just recently heard about the Sookie Stackhouse books being True Blood. I'm active at KindleBoards and they have been talking about this. We're going to be starting a book club on the first Sookie Stackhouse book in January. I haven't read any of her books yet. Can't wait for that to start.

I think I'm ambivalent about the TV show thing. I would probably watch them just out of curiousity, tho. Song of Fire and Ice would be really hard to make into a show, IMO. Sooo much going on in those books!

Oh my gosh, I know! How long has he been putting it off, like two years now?

True Blood was okay, if you came to it with no knowledge of the books. It started off more true to the books, but then went in this wacky direction. Plus, a little too graphic for prudish old me. You all will love the books though, they're so entertaining and intelligent.

Archived